Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Awimb should I return to playing

Awimb should I return to playing

Ice hockey?

I gave it a bash in 2015 and was so out of shape so I packed it in.
    I may have sold all my gear and would need to buy it again.

still have time to play imo. I love playing but it's a lot of effort. but i am getting in shape anyway so this would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ice hockey?

I gave it a bash in 2015 and was so out of shape so I packed it in.
    I may have sold all my gear and would need to buy it again.

still have time to play imo. I love playing but it's a lot of effort. but i am getting in shape anyway so this would be good.
    Are you over 30, f? Chaps playing sport over the age of 30 is all a bit undignified. It's like dancing. Once you reach 30, it's best left to the younger lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you over 30, f? Chaps playing sport over the age of 30 is all a bit undignified. It's like dancing. Once you reach 30, it's best left to the younger lads.
    It was quite unusual when I went back I am 34 now and when I was younger I would always be playing in the age group above me.

Though the life span of a hockey player tends to be a bit longer than a footballer.
    There has been the odd player in the pro's in their 40's

I am playing a recreational level so it's not that bad and there are a load of older players too.

It's actually something I am extremely good at (well was good at)

also I have a car and the rink is nearby. In the past it was a pain in the arse to play.

It was quite unusual when I went back I am 34 now and when I was younger I would always be playing in the age group above me.

Though the life span of a hockey player tends to be a bit longer than a footballer.
    There has been the odd player in the pro's in their 40's

I am playing a recreational level so it's not that bad and there are a load of older players too.

It's actually something I am extremely good at (well was good at)

also I have a car and the rink is nearby. In the past it was a pain in the arse to play.
    Take up golf

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Take up golf
    I've been considering that.

I've been considering that.
    NHL 17 -- much safer and if you are losing you can always disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    NHL 17 -- much safer and if you are losing you can always disconnect.
    The only thing I don't like about the NHL games is they haven't changed much over the years.
    get a bit boring after a while.

I had them all since NHLPA 93.

I play girl's hockey now, Pat. Or as Canadians would call it, Field Hockey. Or as Brits call it, Hockey.

Astro turf instead of ice, shoes instead of skates, a ball instead of a puck and a funny shaped stick, but no skirts.

Was quite the adjustment, I can tell you. But it's great fun and you can play until you're ready to drop, basically. I play every Saturday from October to March in a league which is quite competitive for 45+ chaps. Always a good beer up afterwards as well.

I highly recommend it.