Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What we can expect until May.

What we can expect until May.

January is great as there are usually lots of clear, crisp, dry and still days. Cold isn't a problem - just wrap up and glow.

February tends to be less pleasant as wind and rain get added to the cold.

March is sometimes the worst because it is supposed to be spring but isn't. Not quite as cold as February but usually wetter and windier and thoughts of "ok, enough of this. Could do with it warming up a bit."

April should be warmer, but you can never be sure of a dry day, even when it is springlike, because of those pesky April showers. There might be some genuine summery moments though.

May often bursts into glorious summer to finally warm the bones and heart. Then you realise that in a few weeks the days start getting shorter again and winter is coming.

Football content: Our season will be well fùcked long before May. Over in February imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    January is great as there are usually lots of clear, crisp, dry and still days. Cold isn't a problem - just wrap up and glow.

March is sometimes the worst because it is supposed to be spring but isn't. Not quite as cold as February but usually wetter and windier and thoughts of "ok, enough of this. Could do with it warming up a bit."

April should be warmer, but you can never be sure of a dry day, even when it is springlike, because of those pesky April showers. There might be some genuine summery moments though.

May often bursts into glorious summer to finally warm the bones and heart. Then you realise that in a few weeks the days start getting shorter again and winter is coming.

Football content: Our season will be well fùcked long before May. Over in February imo.
    We can expect no dancing on the streets of Islington until that time.

We will win the league against Everton.

I doubt we'll win the league before the end of Feb, a. And the second leg of the Bayern game isn't tis March. We've got them worried though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I doubt we'll win the league before the end of Feb, a. And the second leg of the Bayern game isn't tis March. We've got them worried though
    I suspect we will be exiting the FA cup this weekend.

1. January is as good as done, man. Let it go.
    2. There is a slight possibility of the Beast From The East paying us a visit in February. A period of intense cold and heavy snow could be around the corner.
    3. March is, as you say, generally dull, wet and miserable. However, there are at least some daylight hours and the promise of spring in the daffodils.
    4. My birthday is in April and the sun always seems to shine on my birthday, so that's ok.
    5. By May the days are long and one knows for sure that one has survived another winter. Hurrah for May!

Jaysus. That's a little defeatist.

We will win nothing but will "challenge" until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    2. There is a slight possibility of the Beast From The East paying us a visit in February. A period of intense cold and heavy snow could be around the corner.
    3. March is, as you say, generally dull, wet and miserable. However, there are at least some daylight hours and the promise of spring in the daffodils.
    4. My birthday is in April and the sun always seems to shine on my birthday, so that's ok.
    5. By May the days are long and one knows for sure that one has survived another winter. Hurrah for May!
    I hate January it's been dragging on forever. It's only the 25th of January.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jaysus. That's a little defeatist.

We will win nothing but will "challenge" until the end.
    They fool me every year SW.
    I always think we have a chance. When we beat Leicester last season I thought that would be it.

Why do they do this to me

I looked at my phone this morning to see the temperature was -7 and thought that's an improvement

Didn't have you down as an Express reader, C.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.