Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever ended up in a meeting or presentation

Have you ever ended up in a meeting or presentation

where you really have no idea what you are talking about and wing it somehow?

I some how was just dragged in to won about apps, software and some elaborate air ticketing systems.

this is the weirdest job ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I some how was just dragged in to won about apps, software and some elaborate air ticketing systems.

Welcome to the last 30 years of my career.

In my early days I got lumbered with having to do a presentation to a Japanese exzecutive who didn't know what a building society treasury was or how it operated... he also spoke little English. I thought it went OK, I don't have a clue what he thought
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Gary Megson likes this post
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Many times - generally sold down the river at short notice by sales people

All too often...next time is in about an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Many times - generally sold down the river at short notice by sales people
    This is what has happened here.

One second I am trying to find 200 hotel rooms for a TV show.
    Then it's hello Pat Vegas don't sit down as you arrive. come in the meeting room and discuss topic you've never heard of to a bunch of rich folks in suits about improving technology. of course millennials were mentioned.

I'm not even dressed for it. I'm in my 501's and a pair of trainers,

I had to come up with a rubbish analogy. 'Yes look at the taxi industry, they had to change with the likes of Uber' 'it is happening in our industry too'

They actually seemed to love this.

This is what has happened here.

One second I am trying to find 200 hotel rooms for a TV show.
    Then it's hello Pat Vegas don't sit down as you arrive. come in the meeting room and discuss topic you've never heard of to a bunch of rich folks in suits about improving technology. of course millennials were mentioned.

I'm not even dressed for it. I'm in my 501's and a pair of trainers,

I had to come up with a rubbish analogy. 'Yes look at the taxi industry, they had to change with the likes of Uber' 'it is happening in our industry too'

They actually seemed to love this.
    Had worse last week. My boss got stuck on a train and was due to interview an applicant for a job here. My other colleague dragged me in just for show really. Got to the bit when we asked do you have any questions and the bloke aimed one at me. Absolutely froze as my brain wasn't really there. Quite embarrassing

I went to a relatively high powered meeting in the DTI down somewhere by St Pauls and had been specifically asked by one of our main IT bods to ask a question on his behalf regarding data transmission and receipt.

Had it all written down but had to submit it in advance, so the moment came and the question was raised, audience of 20-30.

Chairman asked if I could explain what I meant for the benefit of all the others present.

I had to do one about 'superfarms' in front of the local WI...fortunately I knew my subject but boy, what a tough audience. Sugar's henchmen on the Apprentice are a bunch of pussies by comparison.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.