Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now if the £ could could just recover a bit........

Now if the £ could could just recover a bit........

http://news.sky.com/story/uk-ends-20...rowth-10743111

Not quite the gloom and doom we were told

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

The likes of Lily Allen will be gutted. It's amazing that there are armies of leftists actively hoping that the economy goes down the toilet, irrespective of the effects of a financial slump on the poorest and neediest

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Problem is that the pound is now where it ought to be rather than at the artificially inflated level it was at before.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-26-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The likes of Lily Allen will be gutted. It's amazing that there are armies of leftists actively hoping that the economy goes down the toilet, irrespective of the effects of a financial slump on the poorest and neediest
    I was looking at the Guardian opinion page today. They have 14 lead items of which half concern Trump, two or three are about Brexit and the rest are about identity politics. I thought that there, in a nutshell, you have the left's problem in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Problem is that the pound is now where it ought to be rather than at the artificially inflated level it was at before. T
    The problem is that the growth is caused by the consumer spending while pushing borrowing up to record levels... construction is not doing well and the risk is that rates go up and the consumer is left being unable to repay their debts...tricky times b
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The problem is that the growth is caused by the consumer spending while pushing borrowing up to record levels... construction is not doing well and the risk is that rates go up and the consumer is left being unable to repay their debts...tricky times b
    Housing white paper due on Monday, p. Construction is going to boom, BOOM I tell you!

Housing white paper due on Monday, p. Construction is going to boom, BOOM I tell you!
    I won't hold my breath
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Great more unaffordable housing

I won't hold my breath
    Classic chip-pissing there, p. It's important never to allow a spark of optimism or happiness to go unstamped on.

Oh, sure. People have forgotten quite how extraordinary it has been to be living through a period of near-zero interest rates. The shift back will need to be very gradual if we're not going to have chaos.