Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever ended up in a meeting or presentation

Yes. to tell an entire business unit of about 200 people that the Company was (proposing) to shut it down. It did.

My colleague at that site went off sick that day. Bottleless ****.

That was a fairly tough gig with about 1 hours driving time for prep.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
    All too often...next time is in about an hour!
    Fůckin 'ell. They've actually given you some work to do?

Yep - just before they make me redundant! Well probably...currently role is 'at risk of'

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
    Yep - just before they make me redundant! Well probably...currently role is 'at risk of'
    Are you coming to the Watford game? Possible early start in the pub if so?

Yes - and that sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    where you really have no idea what you are talking about and wing it somehow?

I some how was just dragged in to won about apps, software and some elaborate air ticketing systems.

this is the weirdest job ever.
    Yes, often.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    where you really have no idea what you are talking about and wing it somehow?

I some how was just dragged in to won about apps, software and some elaborate air ticketing systems.

this is the weirdest job ever.
    Pretty much all the time. The fun bit is then having to write competently and knowledgeably about that subject for the public consumption of an audience of people who actually know far more about it than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Pretty much all the time. The fun bit is then having to write competently and knowledgeably about that subject for the public consumption of an audience of people who actually know far more about it than me.
    I once had to edit a supplement on stem cell technology with the Wellcome Trust - the meeting for it was blast, made even better by a mental block which made me say stell cem instead of stem cell. One of the pieces was actually quoted in a parliamentary debate so it can't have been too bad