Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charles, PRSB - I'm unconvinced on J Sheekey

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Unsurprisingly, your views on food are similar to Charles and Burney. I bet you like Shawarma as well. Chips my arse.
    **** all wrong with shwarma. Or chips.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I did think about suggesting Rules but then realised he'd never get in
    I've eaten there - NY eve dinner as I recall. Great atmosphere, food was solid and acceptable. Nice night.

Although I yearned for some grilled fish with mayonnaise or a rich cream sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I did think about suggesting Rules but then realised he'd never get in
    They love dumb foreigners, they can charge them all the money in the world in the knowledge that you'll coo about the 'cute' uniformed doorman and so on.

:****er:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They love dumb foreigners, they can charge them all the money in the world in the knowledge that you'll coo about the 'cute' uniformed doorman and so on.

:****er:
    London's changed

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    **** all wrong with shwarma. Or chips.
    Some similarities to lobster thermidor, actually. Both incredibly rich so they appeal to those with limited palates but the more discerning diner will understand how basic and unchallenging they really are.

Sort of like a sausage and egg mcmuffin.

Some similarities to lobster thermidor, actually. Both incredibly rich so they appeal to those with limited palates but the more discerning diner will understand how basic and unchallenging they really are.

Sort of like a sausage and egg mcmuffin.
    At risk of stating the obvious there is very clearly fúck all wrong with sausage & egg mcmuffins also.

I'm off here on friday night.

http://lecrivain.com/

At risk of stating the obvious there is very clearly fúck all wrong with sausage & egg mcmuffins also.

I'm off here on friday night.

http://lecrivain.com/

A French restaurant whose name in English means 'The Writer'. Bizarre, although the menu looks nice.

I'd have the mackerel and the pigeon, for what it's worth.

A French restaurant whose name in English means 'The Writer'. Bizarre, although the menu looks nice.

I'd have the mackerel and the pigeon, for what it's worth.
    I was always of the opinion, perhaps misguided, that mackerel was a bit fúcking rank.

Not sure I have ever had it not from a tin, and it was fúcking rank.

I was always of the opinion, perhaps misguided, that mackerel was a bit fúcking rank.

Not sure I have ever had it not from a tin, and it was fúcking rank.
    Lesser of evils. Pan fried foie gras is an outrage. Scallops are boring and onion soup will leave you with horrendous wind.

And I expect that your mackerel was cooked to death, escabeche means it is effectively pickled and therefore probably quite lovely.

Lesser of evils. Pan fried foie gras is an outrage. Scallops are boring and onion soup will leave you with horrendous wind.

And I expect that your mackerel was cooked to death, escabeche means it is effectively pickled and therefore probably quite lovely.
    I quite like pan fried foie gras when the chance arises.

Note. Geese. No, not bothered.