Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charles, PRSB - I'm unconvinced on J Sheekey

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah that was it, you preferred Barrafina then? I've had a lot of tapas recently so was thinking of something else. Can you book Smoking Goat and what sort of food is it?

I'd prefer something other than grilled fish smothered in a sickly cream sauce, if possible.
    Right. So you're a bad cook. Stick to cooking turkey, dear.

I believe they are the only place in London which serves Arbroath smokies. That is recommendation enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right. So you're a bad cook. Stick to cooking turkey, dear.
    No, I'm actually an excellent cook, which is why my turkey is so outstanding, dear.

And I've eaten it in a restaurant in NY and didn't like it there, either. So I tried to make it better, myself, by cutting down on the richness of the sauce. But it was still sh1t.

Lobster needs only to be properly cooked, removed from the shell and dunked in butter with a bit of garlic and lemon. With a fresh vinaigrette salad on the side. Sophisticated taste buds, you see.

Lobster needs only to be properly cooked, removed from the shell and dunked in butter with a bit of garlic and lemon. With a fresh vinaigrette salad on the side.
    and chips, obviously?

And no salad. At all.

Yeah that was it, you preferred Barrafina then? I've had a lot of tapas recently so was thinking of something else. Can you book Smoking Goat and what sort of food is it?

I'd prefer something other than grilled fish smothered in a sickly cream sauce, if possible.
    No, you can't book Smoking Goat and it's tiny - no more than 8-10 tables.

It's Thai barbecued meat and fish, smoked and very spicy. Some dishes are sickly sweet, as Thai tends to be, but if you like intense flavours and heat, it's pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Monty92; 01-24-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

It's Thai barbecued meat and fish, smoked and very spicy. Some dishes are sickly sweet, as Thai tends to be, but if you like complex flavours and heat, it's pretty damn good.
    Hmmm, will be with the missus and my sister and that food pre-theatre doesn't sound ideal.

Are all the Barrafinas the same or is anyone of them better than the others? I promise this will be my last question on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    and chips, obviously?

And no salad. At all.
    Unsurprisingly, your views on food are similar to Charles and Burney. I bet you like Shawarma as well. Chips my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

It's Thai barbecued meat and fish, smoked and very spicy. Some dishes are sickly sweet, as Thai tends to be, but if you like intense flavours and heat, it's pretty damn good.
    Why are encouraging this ignorant colonial to take up space in one of our fine establishments?

He probably wants hominy grits. Whatever they are.

Hmmm, will be with the missus and my sister and that food pre-theatre doesn't sound ideal.

Are all the Barrafinas the same or is anyone of them better than the others? I promise this will be my last question on the matter.
    Adelaide Street, probably. But will your guests be ok with the bar stools? They can be rather polarising.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why are encouraging this ignorant colonial to take up space in one of our fine establishments?

He probably wants hominy grits. Whatever they are.
    I did think about suggesting Rules but then realised he'd never get in