Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFS, he's not dying or was ever going to!

FFS, he's not dying or was ever going to!

Hull fans are being encouraged to show support for Mason by taking part in a minute's applause during Thursday's EFL Cup semi-final against Manchester United at the KCOM Stadium.

The club wants fans to applaud in the 25th minute to represent the number of Mason's shirt.

His team-mates will warm up on the pitch before the game wearing T-shirts with 'Mason 25' on.

You're not Liverpool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Hull fans are being encouraged to show support for Mason by taking part in a minute's applause during Thursday's EFL Cup semi-final against Manchester United at the KCOM Stadium.

The club wants fans to applaud in the 25th minute to represent the number of Mason's shirt.

His team-mates will warm up on the pitch before the game wearing T-shirts with 'Mason 25' on.

You're not Liverpool!!!
    Yes - now he is in the clear can we go back to remembering he is a horrible little ****

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

You're not Liverpool!!!
    It's a serious matter PSRB. This sort of brain injury can cause all sorts of issues later in life.

It can effect people in any number of ways. For example an issue could be losing the ability to save a penalty.
    Though that shouldn't effect him.

I am afraid while we as a club are willingly stood back and allowing banners of a player’s pet dogs to be hung from our stadium walls (levels?) we are in no position whatsoever to criticise the antics of another club.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am afraid while we as a club are willingly stood back and allowing banners of a player’s pet dogs to be hung from our stadium walls (levels?) we are in no position whatsoever to criticise the antics of another club.
    It's a bit of fun, sw.

It's only a game, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a bit of fun, sw.

It's only a game, you know.
    I know, which is why I applaud the efforts of Hull FC sending a message of support to a stricken member of the family.

The dog thing distresses me all the same.

I really don't understand why some folks are getting so upset about this banner. The player, who is basically a big puppy himself, seems to like it.

I know, which is why I applaud the efforts of Hull FC sending a message of support to a stricken member of the family.

I think it's a rather sweet gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's a serious matter PSRB. This sort of brain injury can cause all sorts of issues later in life.

It can effect people in any number of ways. For example an issue could be losing the ability to save a penalty.
    Though that shouldn't effect him.
    After eight minutes of medical attention, Mason was slid gently on to the stretcher. Dawson, ever the caring captain, checked on Mason again as he was carried toward the tunnel. Fans could now see how stricken Mason was. Rivalry was placed to one side as Hull and Chelsea fans united in sympathetic, concerned applause for the midfielder. As news filtered out that he had been taken to St Mary’s Hospital, and was then undergoing an operation, social media was filled with people posting support and prayers.

Football didn’t matter in a moment like this. The history books will record Chelsea won 2-0 with goals from Costa and Cahill but all that matters was what befell Mason. Premier League footballers are often perceived as enjoying a gilded existence, but Mason has worked hard to rise towards the top, playing for Tottenham, gaining an England cap against Italy in 2015, and being a valued member of Hull’s midfield as they fight relegation. He is one of those trusted professionals who won’t let the side down on or off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    After eight minutes of medical attention, Mason was slid gently on to the stretcher. Dawson, ever the caring captain, checked on Mason again as he was carried toward the tunnel. Fans could now see how stricken Mason was. Rivalry was placed to one side as Hull and Chelsea fans united in sympathetic, concerned applause for the midfielder. As news filtered out that he had been taken to St Mary’s Hospital, and was then undergoing an operation, social media was filled with people posting support and prayers.

Football didn’t matter in a moment like this. The history books will record Chelsea won 2-0 with goals from Costa and Cahill but all that matters was what befell Mason. Premier League footballers are often perceived as enjoying a gilded existence, but Mason has worked hard to rise towards the top, playing for Tottenham, gaining an England cap against Italy in 2015, and being a valued member of Hull’s midfield as they fight relegation. He is one of those trusted professionals who won’t let the side down on or off the pitch.
    That's rather lovely, la. You should consider journalism as a career.

Probably too late now, but still.