Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: England, Big Bash, Burnley & Superbowl...weekend musings

England, Big Bash, Burnley & Superbowl...weekend musings

England – Nice to win one…would’ve been hard for the lads to post 3 big scores +300 and lost all 3…hopefully take some confidence into the T20s. Different ball game so anything’s possible. India are nothing to be scared about like the Windies showed when the ran down 192 in the World Cup Semi Final and silenced the 100k people in the stands.

Big Bash – Melbourne Stars can feck right off…..nuff said. Pathetic performance. They were 1/10 to win with 8 overs left but just gave up. Pathetic.

Burnley – Red Card – no complaints, penalty – no complaints, our penalty – don’t care. Kind of hoping Wenger gets banned for the Chelsea game…he can make a big deal of it and have the players fight for him on the pitch…also I think Bouldy marching up down the technical area might be a better fit vs Conte.

Superbowl – Fascinating contest….Matt Ryan and the electric Falcons attack vs Brady and the ultra-professional Patriots. Normally I read a lot into their last matches but those games on the weekend were awful for form analysis.

Green Bay were walking wounded after winning game after game week after week and just never got going. Poor A Rod had to do it all himself. And the Steelers were extremely abject. Personally didn’t think they were all that good vs Kansas City so not really surprised they didn’t turn up vs the Pats.

At the moment I leaning towards the Patriots because of how ultra-professional they’ve been and they have the experience in spades but I’m fascinated by the Falcons…if they can keep the scoreboard moving then they have a chance…a major chance. Also got to think about whether the Steelers was hard enough game for the Patriots…would’ve liked a harder challenge to get them cherry ripe for the Superbowl…seemed way too easy and at times a bit of joke....falcons are purring and can run them close methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    England – Nice to win one…would’ve been hard for the lads to post 3 big scores +300 and lost all 3…hopefully take some confidence into the T20s. Different ball game so anything’s possible. India are nothing to be scared about like the Windies showed when the ran down 192 in the World Cup Semi Final and silenced the 100k people in the stands.

Big Bash – Melbourne Stars can feck right off…..nuff said. Pathetic performance. They were 1/10 to win with 8 overs left but just gave up. Pathetic.

Burnley – Red Card – no complaints, penalty – no complaints, our penalty – don’t care. Kind of hoping Wenger gets banned for the Chelsea game…he can make a big deal of it and have the players fight for him on the pitch…also I think Bouldy marching up down the technical area might be a better fit vs Conte.

Superbowl – Fascinating contest….Matt Ryan and the electric Falcons attack vs Brady and the ultra-professional Patriots. Normally I read a lot into their last matches but those games on the weekend were awful for form analysis.

Green Bay were walking wounded after winning game after game week after week and just never got going. Poor A Rod had to do it all himself. And the Steelers were extremely abject. Personally didn’t think they were all that good vs Kansas City so not really surprised they didn’t turn up vs the Pats.

At the moment I leaning towards the Patriots because of how ultra-professional they’ve been and they have the experience in spades but I’m fascinated by the Falcons…if they can keep the scoreboard moving then they have a chance…a major chance. Also got to think about whether the Steelers was hard enough game for the Patriots…would’ve liked a harder challenge to get them cherry ripe for the Superbowl…seemed way too easy and at times a bit of joke....falcons are purring and can run them close methinks.
    Mitchell Johnson still pretty useful, then. Ricky Ponting called it right with the Scorchers - think they will win it

won me a lot a few games back when they defended around 145ish....solid side.

semis should be good but the Stars are the weakest side there. fkin KP talking about saving rhinos to the commentators and lets a 4 slip by him

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    won me a lot a few games back when they defended around 145ish....solid side.

semis should be good but the Stars are the weakest side there. fkin KP talking about saving rhinos to the commentators and lets a 4 slip by him
    Brilliant - perhaps the commentators should have been giving him tips on which bowler to use like they did in one of the other games