Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SportsWimb. Have you been sent off in a match?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    about a dozen times playing football over 12-13 years. Though I am no Granit Xhaka, I'll have you know.

probably about half of them were for continued dissent when I was a young, gobby little ****e.

now, sadly, I'm just an old, gobby ****e
    A sending off a year, that's some good work i.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can't say I have. Although last year I had to physically intervene to stop an Australian team mate abusing a 16 year-old kid - for which he was banned for the rest of the season.
    I had a few times when captaining sides - normally based on the fact that if anyone had the right to abuse the opposition it was me

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had a few times when captaining sides - normally based on the fact that if anyone had the right to abuse the opposition it was me
    This bloke was a lunatic, though. He'd take against a batsman for no discernible reason and just relentlessly sledge them for the entire game. At the end of every over, he'd be up in their face squaring up to them. It just got tiresome and embarrassing in this case, so I grabbed the back of his shirt, told him to stop being a prick and pulled him away.

He was a nice lad off the pitch.

My cultured left foot was used for things other than slide rule passes, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    or ejected from any other sports?

Why?
    Once, and I wasn't even there.... couldn't play one Sunday so they got a keeper in who wasn't registered.... he was sent off but gave my name, so i got fined and banned
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This bloke was a lunatic, though. He'd take against a batsman for no discernible reason and just relentlessly sledge them for the entire game. At the end of every over, he'd be up in their face squaring up to them. It just got tiresome and embarrassing in this case, so I grabbed the back of his shirt, told him to stop being a prick and pulled him away.

He was a nice lad off the pitch.
    Always the way

Neither red nor yellow card, ever.

I was once given a yellow card for continued dissent in a Sunday morning game however as I was playing under a false name I am not counting this.

Why?
    Yes, told the ref he was either a ****ing cheat or utterly useless

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes, told the ref he was either a ****ing cheat or utterly useless
    I was playing inside five aside once at University and one of the opposition kept bodychecking me - never any attempt to play the ball and the referee gave nothing. I was incredible hungover* and in a bad mood, anyway. About the fourth time it happened I really lost my rag with the bloke picked him up and threw him at the ref. The ref looked very sheepish and actually apologised to me at the end of the game

*possibly still drunk

Why?

I could never piss of referee enough to get booked, let alone sent off. I used to be the one guy that fouled opponent and picked them up, shook their hands. When a ref was getting it from team mates or opponents, I would be the one that made piece. I used to get away with a lot.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman