Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football news!

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Di Canio in 1998?
    No, that was too obvious. A mean more old man handbags on the touchline.

I could be mistaken of course.

Wenger has form in this area - Mourinho, Jol, Pardew. Throw the book at him and then release him at the end of the season.

In summary, Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Perhaps confusing him with another who pushed an official.
    No Pardew pushed the 4th official in a match against Spurs I think.

Perhaps confusing him with another who pushed an official.
    Nope - you are right. Pardew got done for pushing a linesman as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLHhDdH6giQ

Arguably much worse - two game ban

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't understand why Taylor became involved once Wenger went up the tunnel.

If he doesn't think Wenger is far enough away, report him. Confronting Wenger like that was pathetic and stupid and Taylor should be on the end of a charge as well.

I have every faith in Mike Riley. Oh yes I do.
    Because he is sent to the stands... not to stand 10 yards form where he was anyway... AW knows the rules and was being a cock
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Because he is sent to the stands... not to stand 10 yards form where he was anyway... AW knows the rules and was being a cock
    It wasn't made clear to him whether he had been sent off or simply asked to leave the technical area.

I fairly sure ten yards from where he was is actually the stands. All very unclear

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It wasn't made clear to him whether he had been sent off or simply asked to leave the technical area.
    What??? Is there a rule asking a manager to leave the technical area but remain by the pitch? Or are you just making it up?
    Last edited by Pokster; 01-24-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One and the same, no?

What??? Is there a rule asking a manager to leave the technical area but remain by the pitch? Or are you just making it up?
    Well, the law is very unclear - hence it has led to much confusion in the past (Wenger and Mourinho at Old Trafford for instance; and David Moyes at Real Sociedad, moved back into the stands when he was sent off in one game, the ref told him to move, he went about 10 seats to his right and a couple of rows back and that was deemed fine )The laws say:

"The referee may at his discretion expel [the team official] from the field and its immediate surrounds"

Without defining immediate surrounds
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 01-24-2017 at 10:02 AM.

One and the same, no?
    Apparently not, given that the gentleman in question was left unclear on the matter.