Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football news!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    What??? Is there a rule asking a manager to leave the technical area but remain by the pitch? Or are you just making it up?
    There!!! seems to have been some!!!!! confusion???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently not, given that the gentleman in question was left unclear on the matter.
    Ignorance is never a position to take when guilty of an offence.

Because he is sent to the stands... not to stand 10 yards form where he was anyway... AW knows the rules and was being a cock
    Well yes but that really wasn't the point I was making. The point was that even if Wenger had violated the rules (and it seems unclear as to whether he had) it is not Taylor's place to stand in front of Wenger insisting he leave thereby instigating a confrontation.

It was his place to inform Wenger that he needed to move farther back and let him know that he risked a charge of some kind were he not to do so. At that point Taylor should have left Wenger alone and returned to the side of the pitch.

In short, Taylor was also a tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well yes but that really wasn't the point I was making. The point was that even if Wenger had violated the rules (and it seems unclear as to whether he had) it is not Taylor's place to stand in front of Wenger insisting he leave thereby instigating a confrontation.

It was his place to inform Wenger that he needed to move farther back and let him know that he risked a charge of some kind were he not to do so. At that point Taylor should have left Wenger alone and returned to the side of the pitch.

In short, Taylor was also a tw@t.
    Why isn't it the 4th officials job to make sure AW moved back? Who's job is it? The stewards?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Why isn't it the 4th officials job to make sure AW moved back? Who's job is it? The stewards?
    Good lord

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Good lord
    So who's job is it then?...to try to shift the blame from AW on this seems odd to me, he admits he was in the wrong

So who's job is it then?...to try to shift the blame from AW on this seems odd to me, he admits he was in the wrong
    Bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bald men fighting over a comb springs to mind
    Leave your sexual thrills out of this