Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does Awimb stand on abortion?

Where does Awimb stand on abortion?

I’m really not sure how I feel about it.

Both sides of the divide are so militantly bogged down in ideology - pro-life being rooted in religious nuttery and pro-choice in feminist dogma – the actual real-life consequences are almost forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Both sides of the divide are so militantly bogged down in ideology - pro-life being rooted in religious nuttery and pro-choice in feminist dogma – the actual real-life consequences are almost forgotten.
    I suppose objectively, up until the point that the wossit, foetus becomes sentient, it's the same as contraception; but as you say, it's such an emotive subject that you're never going to get an objective discussion.

It does seem to be one of those areas where the left have chosen to give Trump a kicking by telling lies about him. 'Trump wants women puniched for having abortions!' they shriek. As I understand it, he was asked if women should be puniched for having an abortion if abortion were illegal. Quite logically, he said 'yes', because, you know, there are punishments for breaking the law, but this is ignored by the hysterical termagents and lying ****erati.

token, shame your parents didn't consider it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I'm all for it. Up to at least about five or six years of age.

There is such a divided opinion with so many different viewpoints that I struggle to understand how someone who believes in a secular democracy wouldn't agree that abortion should be legalized and women and men allowed to take decisions which are consistent with their beliefs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    There is such a divided opinion with so many different viewpoints that I struggle to understand how someone who believes in a secular democracy wouldn't agree that abortion should be legalized and women and men allowed to take decisions which are consistent with their beliefs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a c*nt.
    My missus says she would be in favour of legalised abortion up until the moment of birth. Do you too?

It's a necessary evil. Nothing more, nothing less. I believe it must be legal and available within certain limits, but at the same time, I believe it's important to remember that it is the destruction of human life and ought to be treated with the moral and intellectual seriousness that fact merits.
    Ultimately, I believe that in an awful lot of cases it is profoundly immoral, but must be available for fear of the alternative.

My missus says she would be in favour of legalised abortion up until the moment of birth. Do you too?
    Why not go the whole hog and allow post-natal abortion while you're at it? After all, what ultimately is the moral difference?

No, I think the physician should decide whether the foetus is viable if pregnancy were induced and, if so, the woman should give birth and then take her decision with regard to adoption or not.

You have to be careful with this issue though, Monty. It's such a complicated one that you can easily talk yourself in moral circles and end up nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why not go the whole hog and allow post-natal abortion while you're at it? After all, what ultimately is the moral difference?
    S'what I said

But could the same question not be asked of your position? If legal at 24 weeks, why not 40?