Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What are we going to do with young Xhaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And when exactly was "Rambo" on top form for Arsenal. Cup Final 2014?
    The first half a season after Ozil signed before he got injured. He was scoring ****loads, no? That drag back in the box against Norwich when Jack scored that great goal.

For a few months we'd thought we'd got there one thing we've never had under AW - a good box to box mf who can get 20 a season.

I remember him being forward and getting into Ozil through balls regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you still in Berlin? If you take a train to Munich, I can hook you up with a 'lady' who's always up for a good time. 'She' smells a bit of sick and stale beer but looks terrific in a dirndl.
    Yes, do it! Imma hit that! Smelling of sick and stale beer is proof of merit.

Godd*mn Berlin girls are hot. And there's so many of them, hot girls, striding purposefully around with their big scarves.
    Last edited by eastgermanautos; 01-24-2017 at 10:06 PM.

It's just a minor adjustment to his game....nothing major. The premier league is so incredibly artsy fartsy these days old school hard tacklers like are a thing of a past so it's shocking when he goes mental like he does.

Like that Chelsea Tottenham game at the end of last season....it was a war zone...but no different to the London derbies a decade ago.

The game today is seriously GAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It's just a minor adjustment to his game....nothing major. The premier league is so incredibly artsy fartsy these days old school hard tacklers like are a thing of a past so it's shocking when he goes mental like he does.

Like that Chelsea Tottenham game at the end of last season....it was a war zone...but no different to the London derbies a decade ago.

The game today is seriously GAY.
    Wise words, as ever, T.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    The first half a season after Ozil signed before he got injured. He was scoring ****loads, no? That drag back in the box against Norwich when Jack scored that great goal.

For a few months we'd thought we'd got there one thing we've never had under AW - a good box to box mf who can get 20 a season.

No, we thought he was on a decent run of goal-scoring form. And only because we had injuries at striker.

Anyway, we knew he was never going to do it every season.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Kind of my point - 2013/14 quite a long time ago. In fact you could argue that good spell was mostly 2013.

As for getting on the end of Mesut through balls regularly, i think you must be confusing him with someone else. Of his 16 goals for Arsenal that season not a single one was from a Mesut through ball. They combined for goals three times - one when Mesut's free kick came back off the keeper against Stoke and Ramsey put in the rebound; a little chipped pass inside for Ramsey's half volley against Liverpool; one when Mesut crossed for a Ramsey header against Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Kind of my point - 2013/14 quite a long time ago. In fact you could argue that good spell was mostly 2013.

As for getting on the end of Mesut through balls regularly, i think you must be confusing him with someone else. Of his 16 goals for Arsenal that season not a single one was from a Mesut through ball. They combined for goals three times - one when Mesut's free kick came back off the keeper against Stoke and Ramsey put in the rebound; a little chipped pass inside for Ramsey's half volley against Liverpool; one when Mesut crossed for a Ramsey header against Cardiff
    Do you actually remember this stuff or do you use the magic databases?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you actually remember this stuff or do you use the magic databases?
    A bit of a, a bit of b. Funnily enough, I can't actually remember more recent games as well as ones from the 80s or early 90s though

I like him. Very much. He's excellent on the ball, really has an eye for a pass. He also has that much needed aggression that you want in your team.

His tackling is an issue though. It was no secret he is a bit of a psycho; he got 3 red cards for Mönchengladbach last season. He is pretty young though, and has time to improve. Wenger has been coaching since before Xhaka was born. How is be going to help Xhaka to overcome this and improve his discipline record? The makings of a good player are all there - I think his defensive stats are better than Kante's this season. This area of his game needs to be remedied though.