Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What are we going to do with young Xhaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    To be fair LA I have now found the exact quote. He was actually trying to stick up for Xhaka though.

"He's playing the holding role for Arsenal where he ends up getting isolated because of the way they play."

"I think his strengths are his passing and shooting which are much better served higher up the pitch.

"When he plays in this role he gets isolated - he's becoming a liability.

"He gets himself in all sorts of bother because of his lack of athleticism.
    That is more reasonable - although the fact that the two red cards he has had have been comfortably in the opposition half should be noted. And when Coquelin plays he doesn't play the holding role

To be fair LA I have now found the exact quote. He was actually trying to stick up for Xhaka though.

"He's playing the holding role for Arsenal where he ends up getting isolated because of the way they play."

"I think his strengths are his passing and shooting which are much better served higher up the pitch.

Except that they were both very avoidable red cards and in situations where there was not much danger.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

tbf, the won against Swansea(?) was never, ever a red.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I would tend to judge those incident in relation to how other similar incidents are dealt with. To date, I do not believe that we have seen a similar challenge from anyone else? Of course, I do not see every incident from every game so I could have missed some.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Problem is Xhaka has the reputation and it won't help him.

So any strong yellow may lead to a red. He doesn't help himself earlier in the game yesterday squaring up to players.

So his strengths are shooting, based on one last minute hoof against a well beaten div 2 team, and another that was deflected.

Even on current form Rambo looks much more of a goal threat and when Rambo's on top form he's a completely different class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    So his strengths are shooting, based on one last minute hoof against a well beaten div 2 team, and another that was deflected.

Even on current form Rambo looks much more of a goal threat and when Rambo's on top form he's a completely different class.
    And when exactly was "Rambo" on top form for Arsenal. Cup Final 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And when exactly was "Rambo" on top form for Arsenal. Cup Final 2014?
    "Rambo"

Ganpati sounds like a card carrying wrong 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    "Rambo"

Ganpati sounds like a card carrying wrong 'un.
    I'm just hoping the Canadian doesn't see this

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm just hoping the Canadian doesn't see this
    This Ganpati needs to proceed with caution else he will have an enemy for life.

I have strongly defended the Caerphilly lad for many years now but even I stop at "when Rambo's on top form he's a completely different class."

Goes without saying I would not reference him as Rambo what with my name not appearing on a national register of sorts.