Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second in the league.When’s that has-been Wenger gonna f*ck off and let one of those

Second in the league.When’s that has-been Wenger gonna f*ck off and let one of those

young, modern, tactically astute managers like Pochettino, Klopp, Guardiola or Mourinho take over and lead us to glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    young, modern, tactically astute managers like Pochettino, Klopp, Guardiola or Mourinho take over and lead us to glory?
    Right. None of them would win the second-in-January trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Right. None of them would win the second-in-January trophy.
    "Judge them in May", you mean? :-o

Klopp and Pochettino have failed to finish above Wenger in the four years they've been in England combined.

"Judge them in May", you mean? :-o

Klopp and Pochettino have failed to finish above Wenger in the four years they've been in England combined.
    All while spending far less than Wenger both in fees and wages. And I'm pretty sure it was you who assured us for years that Wenger couldn't possibly compete with City and Chelsea because of their money.

Or have you finally admitted that you were wrong about that?

Lose to Chelsea at their place in two weeks time and it might very well be an 11 point gap and the league will be over for us early in February, Monty. Would you be crowing then, out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    All while spending far less than Wenger both in fees and wages. And I'm pretty sure it was you who assured us for years that Wenger couldn't possibly compete with City and Chelsea because of their money.

Or have you finally admitted that you were wrong about that?

Lose to Chelsea at their place in two weeks time and it might very well be an 11 point gap and the league will be over for us early in February, Monty. Would you be crowing then, out of interest?
    I thought we couldn't be *expected* to compete.

I'm not crowing now. My point was merely that Liverpool and Spurs in particular are thought to be having very good seasons under exciting young managers while we are thought to be having a mediocre one, and yet we're currently above them both in the table.

Good man. Only 9:20 and you have hands down won the award for the least intelligent and most immature post of the day, which in itself is quite an achievement.

Monty - the self styled intelligent follower of football, he who likes to lord it over ordinary fans.

I thought we couldn't be *expected* to compete.
    What are you on about now, Monty? And if you weren't intending to 'crow', you did a pretty good imitation.

You are so close to Nicosia in mindset I can't describe it. Yet, I seem to recall you endlessly disparaging him when he was on here. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    What are you on about now, Monty? And if you weren't intending to 'crow', you did a pretty good imitation.

You are so close to Nicosia in mindset I can't describe it. Yet, I seem to recall you endlessly disparaging him when he was on here. Amazing.
    As stated:

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...57#post4141357

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He makes a valid point, of course; the tone is unnecessarily combative, but there you go, he's a north London hard man and can't help himself.

In short, for the past few years the media as well as many of our own supporters have hailed Spurs (and whichever manager was at the helm) for having such a wonderful season and being so generally brilliant, whilst we are generally decried as mediocre and Wenger as a failure, living on borrowed time. And yet we tend to finish above them in the table.

I suppose we and Wenger are held to a higher standard because of histrical success. Still, this pervading narrative is rather strange.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    After 12 consecutive seasons without the league, the large majority of which didn't see us putting in even the slightest challenge, you would have thought that Monty would save his premature crowing for slightly later than the fourth week in January.

Some people just never learn, I suppose.