Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice to see Alexis ending a match looking so happy. That cnut Moss is useless.

Nice to see Alexis ending a match looking so happy. That cnut Moss is useless.

In a league blessed with quite a few merde referees he is laying a strong claim to be the merdest of them all.

He did not show two clear yellows in the first half for vicious, potentially injury-causing challenges (one to the guy who got a yellow later whilst injuring himself, he got the Mustafi penalty wrong and he got the Xhaka sending-off wrong. Xhaka's offence was an orange one.

Fortunately he also got the Kos penalty wrong - he was offside - but he did us more damage than good and could have cost us two cheap points,

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    In a league blessed with quite a few merde referees he is laying a strong claim to be the merdest of them all.

He did not show two clear yellows in the first half for vicious, potentially injury-causing challenges (one to the guy who got a yellow later whilst injuring himself, he got the Mustafi penalty wrong and he got the Xhaka sending-off wrong. Xhaka's offence was an orange one.

Fortunately he also got the Kos penalty wrong - he was offside - but he did us more damage than good and could have cost us two cheap points,
    How was Xhaka's wrong, was an obvious red card, 2 footed (when he made contact) and completely out of control
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    How was Xhaka's wrong, was an obvious red card, 2 footed (when he made contact) and completely out of control
    They decided anything two footed would be an automatic red to get rid of any confusion but the law actually says

Serious Foul Play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

“using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
    I don't think he's guilty of any of that, so Mike Riley can shove his two-footed rule up his hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    They decided anything two footed would be an automatic red to get rid of any confusion but the law actually says

I don't think he's guilty of any of that, so Mike Riley can shove his two-footed rule up his hole.
    Launched into the challenge with both feet off the ground... how is that not using excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent..... Moss got a number of things worng yesterday, the sending off wasn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Launched into the challenge with both feet off the ground... how is that not using excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent..... Moss got a number of things worng yesterday, the sending off wasn't one of them

His trailing leg was off the ground for a millisecond. I'm not really seeing any excessive force or endangering the opponent in that tbh. Poor challenge and a yellow card imo.

His trailing leg was off the ground for a millisecond. I'm not really seeing any excessive force or endangering the opponent in that tbh. Poor challenge and a yellow card imo.
    Glad you've just shown that as my reaction at the time was that it wasn't two footed and that appears to confirm it. I think there is an argument that it violated the rule above, though. His lead foot had studs up and it was a bit of a lunge so you could argue excessive force and endangerment of the opponent.

I think Xhaka deserved to be sent off for the sheer stupidity of the tackle.

Funny how little mention of the non-pen against Mustafi that looked nailed on to me, not to mention the doctoring of the free kick to make Kos look offside. They're all against us etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Glad you've just shown that as my reaction at the time was that it wasn't two footed and that appears to confirm it. I think there is an argument that it violated the rule above, though. His lead foot had studs up and it was a bit of a lunge so you could argue excessive force and endangerment of the opponent.

I think Xhaka deserved to be sent off for the sheer stupidity of the tackle.

Funny how little mention of the non-pen against Mustafi that looked nailed on to me, not to mention the doctoring of the free kick to make Kos look offside. They're all against us etc etc etc
    Only nshowed the Mustafi pen on MOTD after the game...Kos was offside which makes it even better that the lino gave the pen as well

That's a good angle actually as it displays that he was absolutely under control; you can see his leading foot moving towards the ball. It one of those that looks a bit like a classic sending off challenge but isn't.

Moss was clearly determined that Burnley were going to get something from the game so it was silly to give him an excuse, really.

My favourite bit of inane analysis was before they decided the free kick was offside Quinn kept saying he wasn't sure that Mee's leg was high as Kos was bending forward, which sort of ignored the fact that Mee kicked him in the face. If you kick someone in the face, Niall, it's a foul you stupid Irish c*nt.

BTW can someone post a gif that shows Kos wasn't when the kick was actually taken? Looking at you BGS

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    My favourite bit of inane analysis was before they decided the free kick was offside Quinn kept saying he wasn't sure that Mee's leg was high as Kos was bending forward, which sort of ignored the fact that Mee kicked him in the face. If you kick someone in the face, Niall, it's a foul you stupid Irish c*nt.

BTW can someone post a gif that shows Kos wasn't when the kick was actually taken? Looking at you BGS
    Koscielny was leaning down, of course, but that doesn't alter the fact that the Burnley player's boot was above waist height, which must be dangerous play, surely?