Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll tell you who seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Are you not Irish this week?
    Not today, sw. I can't speak for tomorrow, mind.

One can be nationalityfluid just as one can be genderfluid, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm only quoted it because it encapsulates what a vague and woolly word 'nice' actually is. It means everything and nothing.

I'm not ascribing just one characteristic to someone. Indeed, the reverse if anything. I don't think niceness is what we look for in people. We like an edge to people just as we like salt or sour as well as sweet. I would never, for instance, describe you as 'nice'. You are enormously kind and generous and courteous, but you - and this is crucial - also have far too much of the cünt for me ever to describe you as 'nice'.* And that's as it should be.

*This is a compliment
    I am immensely grateful for those kind words, which I reciprocate to the last syllable, and quite agree with your thrust; however, and this is the crucial part, if we were all nice, we wouldn't be drawn to these darker characteristics of which you speak so eloquently, and, without them, things would just be... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought he was Dutch?
    IAHYK.

I am actually a citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am immensely grateful for those kind words, which I reciprocate to the last syllable, and quite agree with your thrust; however, and this is the crucial part, if we were all nice, we wouldn't be drawn to these darker characteristics of which you speak so eloquently, and, without them, things would just be... nice.
    Oh, things. Well things being nice would be nice, I suppose. But whaddayagonnado?