Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll tell you who seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nice is the ultimate compliment as far as I am concerned.

Imagine if everyone was just nice, sw. How much better would our world be?
    Dr Johnson said it was the weakest word in the English language.
    And if everyone were nice, it would be rather boring. I know a number of people who are the nicest people you could meet, but would bore you to the point of self-slaughter after half a day in their company.
    Deep down, we don't really like people who are nice. We like people who are nice to us, but that's not the same thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's another one in the way, I think. See above.
    Now, I thought she was unlikely to ever get the position as the big lad would step aside and let his son take the job.

Partly based on Camilla being less popular than shíte on your shoe what with her having taken the place of the people’s princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Does this get you going then?

Dear God, no! It's like someone left their Princess Barbie too near the radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Now, I thought she was unlikely to ever get the position as the big lad would step aside and let his son take the job.

Partly based on Camilla being less popular than shíte on your shoe what with her having taken the place of the people’s princess.
    Oh, apart from Mohamed Al Fayed and the Daily Express, nobody really gives a shít about that anymore. It was 20 years ago, ffs!

I'm far more worried about her dreadful husband, to be honest. I really wish we could get some proper cyborg tech into Queenie to keep her going another 20 years or so.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-20-2017 at 03:32 PM.

For chicks?
    Chicks, dudes, indeterminates, transwomen, transmen, any of the 31 scientifically acknowledged genders sw.

Chicks, dudes, indeterminates, transwomen, transmen, any of the 31 scientifically acknowledged genders sw.
    One does wonder if any other blokes had a go on her during her university years, surely so you would have to agree.

Now there is a story for down the pub on a Friday evening. Do you think your MI5 or 6 would have go to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Dr Johnson said it was the weakest word in the English language.
    And if everyone were nice, it would be rather boring. I know a number of people who are the nicest people you could meet, but would bore you to the point of self-slaughter after half a day in their company.
    Deep down, we don't really like people who are nice. We like people who are nice to us, but that's not the same thing at all.
    I've come to realise a Great Truth, you know. Just because Dr Johnson said something, that doesn't make it true, or meaningful, insightful or real. It just means that Dr Johnson said it. The same holds for quotes from Shakespeare, Gandhi or the bible. In short, I care not what Dr Johnson said.

Now, about these nice people; you appear to be suggesting that a chap is possessed of but a single characteristic. I put it to you that this is not the case. A fellow might be nice, funny, charming, erudite and fascinating, just as a chap might be rude, ignorant, violent and boring (Irish).

I've come to realise a Great Truth, you know. Just because Dr Johnson said something, that doesn't make it true, or meaningful, insightful or real. It just means that Dr Johnson said it. The same holds for quotes from Shakespeare, Gandhi or the bible. In short, I care not what Dr Johnson said.

Now, about these nice people; you appear to be suggesting that a chap is possessed of but a single characteristic. I put it to you that this is not the case. A fellow might be nice, funny, charming, erudite and fascinating, just as a chap might be rude, ignorant, violent and boring (Irish).
    Are you not Irish this week?

Are you not Irish this week?
    I thought he was Dutch?

I'm only quoted it because it encapsulates what a vague and woolly word 'nice' actually is. It means everything and nothing.

I'm not ascribing just one characteristic to someone. Indeed, the reverse if anything. I don't think niceness is what we look for in people. We like an edge to people just as we like salt or sour as well as sweet. I would never, for instance, describe you as 'nice'. You are enormously kind and generous and courteous, but you - and this is crucial - also have far too much of the cünt for me ever to describe you as 'nice'.* And that's as it should be.

*This is a compliment