Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortest time you've stayed at a new job?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Three days. Cleaning a Marmite factory. You have no idea what decades of Marmite production leaves on the walls of a Victorian factory building. By Wednesday I just couldn't hack it any more
    I suppose you either love or hate a job like that
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I suppose you either love or hate a job like that
    Very good, b.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Where was the factory?
    Erith, Crayford sort of area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Erith, Crayford sort of area.
    I shall be going to Erith next weekend to do part of the Green Chain walk from Erith to Falcoln Wood via Lessness Abbey Wood and Bostall wood. I shall have a look out an old factory building with chaps still trying to clean solidified gloop from the walls.

Meanwhile, your post has made page one of a google search for 'Marmite Factory Crayford'.

I shall be going to Erith next weekend to do part of the Green Chain walk from Erith to Falcoln Wood via Lessness Abbey Wood and Bostall wood. I shall have a look out an old factory building with chaps still trying to clean solidified gloop from the walls.

Meanwhile, your post has made page one of a google search for 'Marmite Factory Crayford'.
    I advise firmly against walking through Erith, a, unless you have an armed security detail going with you.

I suppose google will charge me every time someone clicks that link now. I'm going to be broke, a

I'm pretty sure 'Marmite Factory' is a very unpleasant euphemism for the arsehole, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm pretty sure 'Marmite Factory' is a very unpleasant euphemism for the arsehole, isn't it?
    I have never called WES Marmite in my life
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar