Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shortest time you've stayed at a new job?

Shortest time you've stayed at a new job?

and what was the reason for your quick departure?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    5 months and 3 of those on paid leave

Essentially, the job I was doing was not "as advertised", would never have taken the role if I'd known what I did after 2 weeks working for them

Three days. Cleaning a Marmite factory. You have no idea what decades of Marmite production leaves on the walls of a Victorian factory building. By Wednesday I just couldn't hack it any more

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You have no idea what decades of Marmite production leaves on the walls of a Victorian factory building.
    Is it not just Marmite?

1 day paper round; too many ****ing hills

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it not just Marmite?
    Decades of layers of super-heated Marmite steam solidified into a solid gloop (yes, a solid gloop, get your head around that, if you can) of such stickiness and malodorousness as to make the strongest of men blanch. We tied scrapers, then chisels, then pressure washers, then steam cleaners, and nothing made any impact on it except to anger it and cause it to release wave after wave of noxious Marmite gasses.

Each day was like a Sisyphean lifetime.

Half-a-day. Work experience at FourFourTwo magazine in Twickenham. Took me 1.5 hours to get there and they had me stacking and cleaning shelves for the first two hours.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh several years later when I sold them an "exclusive" piece which I'd already sold to another newspaper

Decades of layers of super-heated Marmite steam solidified into a solid gloop (yes, a solid gloop, get your head around that, if you can) of such stickiness and malodorousness as to make the strongest of men blanch. We tied scrapers, then chisels, then pressure washers, then steam cleaners, and nothing made any impact on it except to anger it and cause it to release wave after wave of noxious Marmite gasses.

Each day was like a Sisyphean lifetime.
    Could you not have licked the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Could you not have licked the walls?
    The whole experience was gopping, I tell you. Put me off Marmite for a week or so.

Three days. Cleaning a Marmite factory. You have no idea what decades of Marmite production leaves on the walls of a Victorian factory building. By Wednesday I just couldn't hack it any more
    Where was the factory?