Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 years ago since we signed young Theo....

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    So on the whole would we say Theo has been a success or not?
    Yes. Tempered by injuries of course but his presence has been vital in securing the 4th place trophies plus the couple of cups we've won during his time with us.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    11 years in the first team squad, a regular starter (injuries permitting) for much of that time.

Not too shabby, I'd say. Put it this way, had that been my career, I'd have been well pleased with it.
    Are you assessing the career from his perspective - “11 years in the first team squad” = successful career.

Or from the perspective of a fan/supporter?

The lad came with such a heightened media coverage and hype, not his fault of course. Moments of brilliance and very good finishing but on balance perhaps more moments of frustration and “Walcott you ****”.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Are you assessing the career from his perspective - “11 years in the first team squad” = successful career.

Or from the perspective of a fan/supporter?

The lad came with such a heightened media coverage and hype, not his fault of course. Moments of brilliance and very good finishing but on balance perhaps more moments of frustration and “Walcott you ****”.
    I think I'm just assessing it objectively, really. He's played 364 times for the Arsenal and 47 times for England, and he's still only 27. That's a career for which most professional footballers would gladly sacrifice a limb, or child.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Coming up to 18 years since we signed Jermaine Pennant, which I noticed last night as he signed for Bury
    For a man who claimed he couldn't read or write.

I want to know how he filled in his hotel registration card that I gave him.

I think I'm just assessing it objectively, really. He's played 364 times for the Arsenal and 47 times for England, and he's still only 27. That's a career for which most professional footballers would gladly sacrifice a limb, or child.
    That may be impressive but he still doesn't have the coffee machine he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Any idiot can do that, p

Is it more of this fake news we keep hearing about, f?

That may be impressive but he still doesn't have the coffee machine he wants.
    I thought he scored the goal that was required to force Mel to follow through with her promise? God knows where she'll lay her hands on the 300 quid required though

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it more of this fake news we keep hearing about, f?

Though on the flip side he game me some free tickets
    I had a good deal during those days. Another bloke who worked for Arsenal used to stay all the time on the cheap and in return I got plenty of free tickets that's when we were good.

I used to get hassled by the regulars at Highbury asking me how I got the tickets.

I thought he scored the goal that was required to force Mel to follow through with her promise? God knows where she'll lay her hands on the 300 quid required though
    Fück coffee machines. She should offer to fulfil his most outlandish sexual fantasies in return for goals scored.