Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :hehe: I’ve just opened the laziest ever fortune cookie message

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This was yesterday's din dins. I only found the fortune cookie when I went to chuck out the detritus this morning.

But yes, there never seems a good enough reason to eat Chinese for lunch, though an Indian even less so.
    Have you been to Temper yet? I'm going to try it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ordering rice rather than Singapore noodles is madness, man! Apart from anything else, it's harder to eat.

Good call on the ribs, though.
    The thing is, I grew up going to really mediocre Chinese restaurants with my family, and developed a sentimental attachment to them that endures to this day. Oddly, Jewish families eating in bad Chinese restaurants seems to be a 'thing'. I believe Giles Coren has written at length about this too. My missus reckons it's because they don't tend to mix meat and dairy.

The thing is, I grew up going to really mediocre Chinese restaurants with my family, and developed a sentimental attachment to them that endures to this day. Oddly, Jewish families eating in bad Chinese restaurants seems to be a 'thing'. I believe Giles Coren has written at length about this too. My missus reckons it's because they don't tend to mix meat and dairy.
    Giles Coren always talks about the one they ate in in Hampstead. It was the 1970s so it was probably shít but a bit upmarket.

In the states, isn't Chinese the sort of traditional Jewish meal?*

*I base this purely on my viewing of US sitcoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You don't feel that the absence of balls with pink fluorescent gloop was a mistake?
    This was less an 'occasion' takeaway, and more a 'need to eat quickly, can't be f*cked to cook' takeaway.

It was a Deliveroo jobbie. I'm assuming no self-respecting food outlet would have anything to do with the c*nts, given that their workers have a habit of tipping your f*cking food upside down as they try to make up for their sh*t wages by reaching your house at double quick speed.

Have you been to Temper yet? I'm going to try it next week.
    Never heard of it.

Never heard of it.
    Broadwick Street innit.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...iew-jay-rayner

Giles Coren always talks about the one they ate in in Hampstead. It was the 1970s so it was probably shít but a bit upmarket.
    I think the one he talks about is/was on Finchley Road.

I asked him for an old-school recommendation once and he suggested Phoenix Palace in Baker Street. Absolutely superb. Terrible service too