:hehe: I’ve just opened the laziest ever fortune cookie message

“What will soon transpire will influence what happens in the future”

Serves me right for ordering a dirty Chinky from Archway Road

Transpirational stuff, there.

Oh, and you're lacist.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    “What will soon transpire will influence what happens in the future”

Serves me right for ordering a dirty Chinky from Archway Road
    What did you order? Singapore Noodles, chicken balls and red gloop are all givens, but what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What did you order? Singapore Noodles, chicken balls and red gloop are all givens, but what else?
    Wonton soup, pork ribs and egg fried rice. A half-hearted order, I'd be first to admit.

Wonton soup, pork ribs and egg fried rice. A half-hearted order, I'd be first to admit.
    Ordering rice rather than Singapore noodles is madness, man! Apart from anything else, it's harder to eat.

Good call on the ribs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ordering rice rather than Singapore noodles is madness, man! Apart from anything else, it's harder to eat.

Good call on the ribs, though.
    The thing is, I grew up going to really mediocre Chinese restaurants with my family, and developed a sentimental attachment to them that endures to this day. Oddly, Jewish families eating in bad Chinese restaurants seems to be a 'thing'. I believe Giles Coren has written at length about this too. My missus reckons it's because they don't tend to mix meat and dairy.

The thing is, I grew up going to really mediocre Chinese restaurants with my family, and developed a sentimental attachment to them that endures to this day. Oddly, Jewish families eating in bad Chinese restaurants seems to be a 'thing'. I believe Giles Coren has written at length about this too. My missus reckons it's because they don't tend to mix meat and dairy.
    Giles Coren always talks about the one they ate in in Hampstead. It was the 1970s so it was probably shít but a bit upmarket.

In the states, isn't Chinese the sort of traditional Jewish meal?*

*I base this purely on my viewing of US sitcoms.

You don't feel that the absence of balls with pink fluorescent gloop was a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You don't feel that the absence of balls with pink fluorescent gloop was a mistake?
    This was less an 'occasion' takeaway, and more a 'need to eat quickly, can't be f*cked to cook' takeaway.

It was a Deliveroo jobbie. I'm assuming no self-respecting food outlet would have anything to do with the c*nts, given that their workers have a habit of tipping your f*cking food upside down as they try to make up for their sh*t wages by reaching your house at double quick speed.