Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noble of Obama to wait until the end of his presidency before revealing his true

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, and you may also have noticed that despite seemingly spending hours each day whining about Brexit, he claimed he didn't have time to watch a ten minute video that showed up the misleading manipulation of the Remain campaign at its very worst.

Possibly the worst thing about Twitter is that it's encouraged comedians you always liked to talk about politics. Often I think the more controversial ones likes Frankie Boyle play up their leftie credentials as a way to counterbalance the claims they are gratuitously offensive.
    My favourite one is when he bangs on about how we ought never to have been allowed a vote on Brexit, but somehow manages to convince himself that it's right for the Scots to have a vote on independence. He justifies this on the grounds that it's somehow a simple thing to break up a 300 year-old union, but impossibly complicated to break up a 40 year-old one. He just ends up sounding like a thick cünt, but can't see it, of course.

It's very annoying and is apt to put one off, but one has to just learn to appreciate what people do and sort of ignore who they are insofar as possible. That said, I have sort of stopped bothering with comedians since Brexit and now Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, and you may also have noticed that despite seemingly spending hours each day whining about Brexit, he claimed he didn't have time to watch a ten minute video that showed up the misleading manipulation of the Remain campaign at its very worst.

Possibly the worst thing about Twitter is that it's encouraged comedians you always liked to talk about politics. Often I think the more controversial ones likes Frankie Boyle play up their leftie credentials as a way to counterbalance the claims they are gratuitously offensive.
    It's not just comedians. Philippe Auclair spends all day wining about how Brexit apparently directed at him, personally, and that it's so unfair that he is going to be put into a concentration camp just outside Leominster. Or deported.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's not just comedians. Philippe Auclair spends all day wining about how Brexit apparently directed at him, personally, and that it's so unfair that he is going to be put into a concentration camp just outside Leominster. Or deported.
    The hysteria is remarkable. Do people really imagine we're going to start pitchforking foreigners onto cattle trucks and dumping them in Calais? Mind you, the attitude from the same people to the story that OAP expats might get sent back is remarkably lacking in such sympathy, I note.

That said, Leominster's rather nice. I wouldn't mind being put in a camp there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That **** arseblog is always retweeting stuff about trump or brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    That **** arseblog is always retweeting stuff about trump or brexit.
    I really can't remember a more divisive issue in British politics. Even the Thatcher years weren't like this. I perceive it in myself as well. I am now disinclined to listen to or consume the output of certain people I once respected on the basis that they have shown themselves to be utterly irrational and rabid on the subject of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yes, but that's just the business. They all do that (apart from The Donald, of course).
    As redg pointed out, Trump made his money the honest way - by inheriting it. I guess thats why he thinks he can flick V signs at the corporates who expect to own him because normally they would have bought him.