Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble of Obama to wait until the end of his presidency before revealing his true

Noble of Obama to wait until the end of his presidency before revealing his true

feelings about BLM/social justice movements in general. F*cking pussy too worried about being cast as an Uncle Tom to speak out when it mattered.

Said at his last press conference yesterday:

“Both [of my daughters] have grown up in an environment where I think they could not help be but patriotic, to love this country deeply, to see that it’s flawed but see that they have responsibilities to fix it, and that they need to be active citizens and they have to be in a position to talk to their friends and their teachers and their future co-workers in ways that try to shed some light as opposed to generate a lot of sound and fury.

“I expect that’s what they’re going to do. They don’t mope, and what makes me proudest about them is they don’t get cynical. They don’t assume because their side didn’t win, or because the values they care about don’t seem as if they were vindicated, that automatically America has somehow rejected them or rejected their values.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    feelings about BLM/social justice movements in general. F*cking pussy too worried about being cast as an Uncle Tom to speak out when it mattered.

Said at his last press conference yesterday:

“Both [of my daughters] have grown up in an environment where I think they could not help be but patriotic, to love this country deeply, to see that it’s flawed but see that they have responsibilities to fix it, and that they need to be active citizens and they have to be in a position to talk to their friends and their teachers and their future co-workers in ways that try to shed some light as opposed to generate a lot of sound and fury.

“I expect that’s what they’re going to do. They don’t mope, and what makes me proudest about them is they don’t get cynical. They don’t assume because their side didn’t win, or because the values they care about don’t seem as if they were vindicated, that automatically America has somehow rejected them or rejected their values.”
    Yes, it has to be said that his actions on leaving office have thus far displayed a degree of petulance that is remarkably unattractive.

The pardoning of Bradley Manning is little short of disgraceful and done purely as an act of virtue-signalling. Although I suppose that is at least appropriate given that virtue signalling was his route into the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, it has to be said that his actions on leaving office have thus far displayed a degree of petulance that is remarkably unattractive.

The pardoning of Bradley Manning is little short of disgraceful and done purely as an act of virtue-signalling. Although I suppose that is at least appropriate given that virtue signalling was his route into the White House.
    I heard Obama claim Manning's original sentence was disproportionate compared with other sentences given for comparable crimes. No idea if that's true.

I heard Obama claim Manning's original sentence was disproportionate compared with other sentences given for comparable crimes. No idea if that's true.
    Even if it is, it's not a valid reason to let him off 80% of a sentence, is it?

Even if it is, it's not a valid reason to let him off 80% of a sentence, is it?
    I guess he would say that given the identity of the incoming President, it was a choice between leniency and a gross injustice. The better of two evils.

Saying that, I also read that he’s released an Allan from Guantanamo who has openly declared he will rejoin Al Queda and fight the US as soon as he can.

I guess he would say that given the identity of the incoming President, it was a choice between leniency and a gross injustice. The better of two evils.

Saying that, I also read that he’s released an Allan from Guantanamo who has openly declared he will rejoin Al Queda and fight the US as soon as he can.
    I take the view that, in addition to being an act of treason, the leaks risked and very possibly cost lives. To me, that justifies an extremely harsh sentence and - if we're honest - there is no way this pardon would have been granted if Manning were just a straight bloke.

By the way, I see you've taken to prodding Richard Herring on twitter. I must admit I gave up since he is impermeable to any sort of reason.

Although I suppose that is at least appropriate given that virtue signalling was his route into the White House.
    The massive investment, erm, sponsorship from General Dynamics was quite handy, I expect.

I take the view that, in addition to being an act of treason, the leaks risked and very possibly cost lives. To me, that justifies an extremely harsh sentence and - if we're honest - there is no way this pardon would have been granted if Manning were just a straight bloke.

By the way, I see you've taken to prodding Richard Herring on twitter. I must admit I gave up since he is impermeable to any sort of reason.
    Yes, and you may also have noticed that despite seemingly spending hours each day whining about Brexit, he claimed he didn't have time to watch a ten minute video that showed up the misleading manipulation of the Remain campaign at its very worst.

Possibly the worst thing about Twitter is that it's encouraged comedians you always liked to talk about politics. Often I think the more controversial ones likes Frankie Boyle play up their leftie credentials as a way to counterbalance the claims they are gratuitously offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The massive investment, erm, sponsorship from General Dynamics was quite handy, I expect.
    Oh, yes, but that's just the business. They all do that (apart from The Donald, of course).

No, I'm saying that Obama very deliberately and shrewdly harnessed the guilty white liberal vote and it was that that essentially put him and kept him in office despite him not really doing much.