Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I miss Nicosia. He was like a low ranking STASI functionary patrolling the

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Didn't you all vote for him, though? I've no idea how these things work, to be honest. Much simpler just having a monarch.
    I actually didn’t vote for him (I declined to vote at all) and further when I explained to my inquisitive neighbour that I had failed to do so she told me off on the basis of “how could anybody not like Michael D”.

It was in effect the suburban Dublin 16 equivalent of a vicious row.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have googled this. Sorry for the loss to the family.
    Most kind, sw. Thank you.

I do wish your avatar didn't make me want to draw unkind comparisons with your President, though.

I actually didn’t vote for him (I declined to vote at all) and further when I explained to my inquisitive neighbour that I had failed to do so she told me off on the basis of “how could anybody not like Michael D”.

It was in effect the suburban Dublin 16 equivalent of a vicious row.
    I do wonder if he's capable of seeing over the top of a bar in order to get his round in, sw, I must admit.

Didn't you all vote for him, though? I've no idea how these things work, to be honest. Much simpler just having a monarch.
    We all voted for him in much the same way as the UK all voted for Brexit. He had more supporters than anyone else.

I find him quite laughable.

I do wonder if he's capable of seeing over the top of a bar in order to get his round in, sw, I must admit.
    I thought that was what bar stools were for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    We all voted for him in much the same way as the UK all voted for Brexit. He had more supporters than anyone else.

I find him quite laughable.
    From memory I recall the opposition not being what one may call the strongest.

There was the dragon from Dragons Den, Dana and Martin McGuinness.

God knows who is up next time.

From memory I recall the opposition not being what one may call the strongest.

There was the dragon from Dragons Den, Dana and Martin McGuinness.

God knows who is up next time.
    Dana? Why do I get the sense you people aren't taking this whole President thing, seriously?

Dana? Why do I get the sense you people aren't taking this whole President thing, seriously?
    It's not exactly a powerful position. Ceremonial at best with one very minor exception.

So basically when you were banned?
    No, when many people were banned. Although the real issue was the idea that banning people from an internet board was a sensible and mature thing to do.

As I said, it was really what killed AWIMB.

It was my primary reason for not bothering my hole (factor in pure laziness also).

Dana, a bloke who looks suspiciously like another bloke from Harry Potter, a retired IRA man and a dragon. Further analysis shows other entrants including a bloke called Gay and a gay bloke called David.

And as Lar has suggested above it isn’t really a position of any real power or influence from what I can tell.

I think the wee man got into a bit of bother over the Xmas when your man Castro died and he offered fulsome sympathy and condolences on behalf of the people of Ireland.