Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I miss Nicosia. He was like a low ranking STASI functionary patrolling the

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    See? Just the mention of his name is enough to inspire fallings out and harsh words.
    I haven't used harsh words yet, but trust me, I am more than capable if pushed any further.

Every man has his breaking point, b.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I haven't used harsh words yet, but trust me, I am more than capable if pushed any further.

Every man has his breaking point, b.
    Yes. I remember that was a more than somewhat fraught time for you.

My uncle went yesterday. Some nice things about him in the Irish Times and Independent, although one of the comments by an academic colleague was rather snide and I'm harbouring ill feelings towards him for it.

Yes. I remember that was a more than somewhat fraught time for you.

My uncle went yesterday. Some nice things about him in the Irish Times and Independent, although one of the comments by an academic colleague was rather snide and I'm harbouring ill feelings towards him for it.
    I'm very sorry to hear that b. Many condolences - and please mention same to your father on my behalf.

I'm very sorry to hear that b. Many condolences - and please mention same to your father on my behalf.
    Thank you. I shall, of course.

Oh, the other thing is that that funny little fellow who they have as President was awfully nice about Ronan, so I have to stop being nasty about him in future.

Oh, the other thing is that that funny little fellow who they have as President was awfully nice about Ronan, so I have to stop being nasty about him in future.
    Dobby? He likes academics.

Condolences to all the family B.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    Dobby? He likes academics.

Condolences to all the family B.
    Thank you, lar. Much appreciated.

Yes, he was very fulsome and sweet in what he said, which made me feel bad for having made fun of him.

Thank you, lar. Much appreciated.

Yes, he was very fulsome and sweet in what he said, which made me feel bad for having made fun of him.
    I am confused. Dobby seems much admired by the general populace but I can't take a President who looks like a Harry Potter elf and is roughly the same size in any way seriously (even if he did say nice things about your uncle).

Quote Originally Posted by Lar d'Arse View Post
    I am confused. Dobby seems much admired by the general populace but I can't take a President who looks like a Harry Potter elf and is roughly the same size in any way seriously (even if he did say nice things about your uncle).
    Didn't you all vote for him, though? I've no idea how these things work, to be honest. Much simpler just having a monarch.

I have googled this. Sorry for the loss to the family.