Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Wenger left it this late before signing a new deal?

Has Wenger left it this late before signing a new deal?

Leaving it a bit late.

Perhaps ozil and Sanchez are waiting to see how this pans out. Not if he stays or goes but want to see who will be the new manager of Wenger goes.

I think it might be the last season for Wenger if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Leaving it a bit late.

Perhaps ozil and Sanchez are waiting to see how this pans out. Not if he stays or goes but want to see who will be the new manager of Wenger goes.

I think it might be the last season for Wenger if this is the case.
    Yes, his last one (the one he is currently working to).

Or one around 2002.

I know LA will correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, his last one (the one he is currently working to).

Or one around 2002.

I know LA will correct me.
    I'm not sure actually - has always been in the last year of the contract though. I suspect the new one is complete and just waiting a signature. Probably not much negotiating to be done

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm not sure actually - has always been in the last year of the contract though. I suspect the new one is complete and just waiting a signature. Probably not much negotiating to be done
    I tend to agree it’s a done deal though a few (informed?) sites and if you will “blogs” seem less so. Perhaps they were each time in the past also just I would not have paid any attention.

I suspect timing is key here, we need to be riding on the crest of a string of impressive results for the announcement in an way of almost defending the appointment.

Announcing another 3 years in the aftermath of a defeat at Stamford Bridge or a European exit to Munchen less easy to sell.

I tend to agree it’s a done deal though a few (informed?) sites and if you will “blogs” seem less so. Perhaps they were each time in the past also just I would not have paid any attention.

I suspect timing is key here, we need to be riding on the crest of a string of impressive results for the announcement in an way of almost defending the appointment.

Announcing another 3 years in the aftermath of a defeat at Stamford Bridge or a European exit to Munchen less easy to sell.
    Let's just hope he ****s off, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I don't mind if he stays. I try not to get frustrated anymore. It would be odd to see Arsenal without Wenger in charge.

But I am curious to see what a fresh approach would bring to the club. Any new manager would bring in new players but I am curious to see what a different manager could get out of this current squard.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I was thinking about what Wenger has done whilst in the shower this morning. I was thinking of the first Arsenal side I knew, under Bertie Mee and Don Howe. Universally derided as boring because, well, they were. Once we'd scored a goal the opposition might as well have gone home, the game was going to finish 1-0 to The Arsenal.

The first Arsenal team I watched was under Terry O'Neill and Don Howe. This side played as follows: Jennings rolled the ball out to Rice. He squared it to O'Leary. On it went to Young. He passed sideways to Nelson, who knocked it back to Jennings. After 5 or 6 minutes of this the crowd would become restless, so Jennings hoofed it up to Stapleton. At some point during the 90 minutes Stapleton would get his head on something and we'd score. Then usually win 1-0. It was incredibly dull.

Still, along came George Graham who treated us to some exciting, expansive football, until he had a Moscow-induced breakdown and turned us into a team of defensive thuggery. A lot of that time was spent watrching absolute mince.

Rioch wasn't any sort of radical but at least tried to play a little; then along came Arsene, to turn our game into a sort of art form.

We were known as Boring Arsenal for a good 50 years, and for good reason. I'm scared of what might happen when Arsene leaves. We might get a Mourinho-type dullard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was thinking about what Wenger has done whilst in the shower this morning. I was thinking of the first Arsenal side I knew, under Bertie Mee and Don Howe. Universally derided as boring because, well, they were. Once we'd scored a goal the opposition might as well have gone home, the game was going to finish 1-0 to The Arsenal.

The first Arsenal team I watched was under Terry O'Neill and Don Howe. This side played as follows: Jennings rolled the ball out to Rice. He squared it to O'Leary. On it went to Young. He passed sideways to Nelson, who knocked it back to Jennings. After 5 or 6 minutes of this the crowd would become restless, so Jennings hoofed it up to Stapleton. At some point during the 90 minutes Stapleton would get his head on something and we'd score. Then usually win 1-0. It was incredibly dull.

Still, along came George Graham who treated us to some exciting, expansive football, until he had a Moscow-induced breakdown and turned us into a team of defensive thuggery. A lot of that time was spent watrching absolute mince.

Rioch wasn't any sort of radical but at least tried to play a little; then along came Arsene, to turn our game into a sort of art form.

We were known as Boring Arsenal for a good 50 years, and for good reason. I'm scared of what might happen when Arsene leaves. We might get a Mourinho-type dullard.

Indeed, who knows. But therein lies the excitement.

Change should be embraced. Bring it on.

In summary, Wenger out.

Indeed, who knows. But therein lies the excitement.

Change should be embraced. Bring it on.

In summary, Wenger out.
    Hold on, who the fúck is Terry O'Neill?

I'm fúcking senile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hold on, who the fúck is Terry O'Neill?

I'm fúcking senile.
    A photographer - this might be what you were really thinking about in the shower this morning

AUDREY_HEPBURN_VIEW_04.jpg