Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't be bothered to read all the Brexit stuff today. has some sort of time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I believe the North are having a few governmental issues at the moment - good time to invade, take her back
    Lols, a bunch of píssed up Micks up against a steaming horde of bowler-hatted mental cases?

How's that going to work out then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fudge fudge fudge fudge. Even if we officially 'leave' the EU, there will be so many fudged conditions that things will remain essentially the same.

Obviously I could be wrong, I have no crystal ball. Nor, oddly, do you. So we'll just have to wait and see.
    Of course, but I think you underestimate the political force behind it now. Oddly, I was thinking the other day that your scenario would have been much more plausible had Remain voters not quite so comprehensively lost their shït after the vote. By doing so, they actually helped to entrench everyone's positions much further and made compromise much more difficult. I just think that too many bridges have been burned for it not to happen now.

I'm not sure a point here or there is going to do him much good tbh.
    It's having its best day since 2008.

I'm not sure a point here or there is going to do him much good tbh.
    Actually the exchange rate with Canadian dollar was a concern when I had my original plan. That's out the window.
    It was £1 = $1.82 for a long time now it's $1.62ish

We do have a small mortgage in Italy. so the payments each month have only varied about £20 a month during this Brexit phase.

as usual I make it all about myself

are there events that would possibly make buying a house a bit more affordable? as this doesn't seem to have been affected so far.

Lols, a bunch of píssed up Micks up against a steaming horde of bowler-hatted mental cases?

How's that going to work out then?
    Probably more interesting than the Premier League at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's having its best day since 2008.
    I thought it's best increase on the dollar since 2008

I believe the North are having a few governmental issues at the moment - good time to invade, take her back
    Send in the Irish Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course, but I think you underestimate the political force behind it now. Oddly, I was thinking the other day that your scenario would have been much more plausible had Remain voters not quite so comprehensively lost their shït after the vote. By doing so, they actually helped to entrench everyone's positions much further and made compromise much more difficult. I just think that too many bridges have been burned for it not to happen now.
    You may be right, but I suspect that people's ire will fade as the months go by and eventually everyone will just be pissed off with the whole thing. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    My only view on your so called Brexit is one of sympathy.

Sympathy for the poor bastárds who are charged with erecting borders between the 26 and 6 counties on this island.

I expect a large banner shall be erected simply stating "GLWTPIMO".
    Just do what the Frogs do and let us have border posts at your airports and ports instead and - hey presto - no need for a hard border.

Alternatively, you could just abandon this rather silly independence idea and come back to daddy like good little boys and girls.

Probably more interesting than the Premier League at the moment
    Are you not enjoying the PL then? I think it's terrific, especially chuckling at Pep (despite the fact he and Bravo will no doubt sort themselves out in time).

We're in with a great chance too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."