Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If ever you wanted an example of the retarded definition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If ever you wanted an example of the retarded definition

of racism in Sweden, look no further than one of todays headlines.

"Rasism mot svenskar i London efter brexit" which translates to "Racism against swedes in London after brexit".

This because some woman claimed swedes have been told to "go home".

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    of racism in Sweden, look no further than one of todays headlines.

"Rasism mot svenskar i London efter brexit" which translates to "Racism against swedes in London after brexit".

This because some woman claimed swedes have been told to "go home".
    Oh, yes. The Guardian ran with that despite not being able to cite a single decent example of racism against Swedes. As you say, the best I could see was clearly some harmless workplace joke.

Racist against Swedes, ffs! The idea itself is fairly hilarious when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yes. The Guardian ran with that despite not being able to cite a single decent example of racism against Swedes. As you say, the best I could see was clearly some harmless workplace joke.

Racist against Swedes, ffs! The idea itself is fairly hilarious when you think about it.
    Except the Guardian piece doesn't mention racism but xenophobia (if we are talking about the same article). There is a difference, b. Johnny Foreigner might not have the vocabulary to differentiate, but we do

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Except the Guardian piece doesn't mention racism but xenophobia (if we are talking about the same article). There is a difference, b. Johnny Foreigner might not have the vocabulary to differentiate, but we do
    Bear in mind that, to the Guardian, synonyms are commonplace in the English language.

Xenophobia = racism = fascism = Nazism = Farage

oh, you can't beat a bit of jingoism to keep the Guardian readers wetting themselves...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Bear in mind that, to the Guardian, synonyms are commonplace in the English language.

Polly Toynbee called May 'The true heir of Enoch Powell' I think she must be having one of her hot flushes.

Polly Toynbee called May 'The true heir of Enoch Powell' I think she must be having one of her hot flushes.
    I'm going to break the habit of a lifetime now and use a terrible about a woman, something I have never done before.

Here we go. :clearsthroat:

Polly Toynbee is the sourest old **** ever shat forth from a 'woman'.

There. I have that off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

But they have gone to the effort of spelling it right and everything, sir c - they deserve some credit

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You're correct. However, I would argue that xenophobia towards a single race or people amounts to the same accusation.

And you must concede that they still couldn't come up with a single solid example to back up this rather insulting claim.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...edes-uk-brexit

You're correct. However, I would argue that xenophobia towards a single race or people amounts to the same accusation.

And you must concede that they still couldn't come up with a single solid example to back up this rather insulting claim.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...edes-uk-brexit
    Yes - it is a piss poor effort as have been the other scare stories about people people being thrown out or not being able to claim a passport. Generally down to people jumping the gun and the Home Office/Passport office not having a clue what is going on