Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a quite extraordinary amount of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth going

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Don't be silly.

Terms are decided upon by party 1 and then discussed at length and compromise reached on some issues, some dropped altogether, others won.

The idea of allowing the people to decide the finite terms of agreement is imbecilic even by your extremely high standards.

In summary you were stupid enough to allow this vote/referendum to go to the people but it has and now you have to roll with the decision. Those who do not like it and who are questioning it are simply the adult equivalent of a toddler having a tantrum because they did not get their way.
    I do wonder whether in some ways it would have been better if we'd triggered Article 50 straight away. The intervening six months have provided Remain voters with the comfort blanket of denial that it either wouldn't happen, would be delayed indefinitely or would be so watered down as to be virtually meaningless. The reality is only sinking in now and the Remain voters are having a shït fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's my protest. I'd go with UKIP but they're so incredibly vulgar.
    It's a shame the Monster Raving Loony Party aren't around for that sort of protest vote, really. Only I know that you'd never really be able to look at yourself in the mirror again if you knew you'd voted for a Green or - worse - that snivelling cünt Farron,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do wonder whether in some ways it would have been better if we'd triggered Article 50 straight away. The intervening six months have provided Remain voters with the comfort blanket of denial that it either wouldn't happen, would be delayed indefinitely or would be so watered down as to be virtually meaningless. The reality is only sinking in now and the Remain voters are having a shït fit.
    Check this shít out, not sure it would be reported in your so called Great Britain.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...case-1.2935102

Jolyon. Who the fúck calls their son Jolyon, basically sentencing them to a good kicking for most of their teenage years.

Isn't that partly the fault of DC who said he would invoke it stariaght away if they lost (not expecting to lose), then resigned because they lost..... imho he was a bloody coward
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think most of them are upset because they won't be able to freely gallivant around europe on their British passports any longer.
    Thing is, I remember travelling around Europe before freedom of movement for persons was magically enshrined as a core principle of the EU. It was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Check this shít out, not sure it would be reported in your so called Great Britain.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...case-1.2935102

Jolyon. Who the fúck calls their son Jolyon, basically sentencing them to a good kicking for most of their teenage years.
    Yes, we all know about this. Jolyon Maugham is an appalling **** desperate to do anything to stop Brexit. The idea that we would ever reverse Article 50 because the ECJ says so is laughable.

Thing is, I remember travelling around Europe before freedom of movement for persons was magically enshrined as a core principle of the EU. It was fine.
    Probably why Billy's comment wasn't really accurate to be fair

Yes, we all know about this. Jolyon Maugham is an appalling **** desperate to do anything to stop Brexit. The idea that we would ever reverse Article 50 because the ECJ says so is laughable.
    How does one pronounce his name?

Jolly-on.
    Jo-Lion.

Or the more pithy and direct "oi ****".

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Isn't that partly the fault of DC who said he would invoke it stariaght away if they lost (not expecting to lose), then resigned because they lost..... imho he was a bloody coward
    A coward, possibly. A little limp, definitely. But he was a gentleman, p.

Look at what we've been left with

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He was just trying to do whatever it took to try and frighten the public into compliance. It was clear to everyone that he couldn't remain as PM if he lost the vote since he wouldn't have had the confidence of his party or the country to do so. Given that, there's no way he could have triggered A50 and then left, since that would have been monstrous. Nothing to do with cowardice, just a gamble that he lost.