Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's a quite extraordinary amount of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth going

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How does one pronounce his name?

Jolly-on.
    Jo-Lion.

Or the more pithy and direct "oi ****".
    Well my spellchecker keeps correcting it to 'Jolson', so I'll stick with that.

I believe he's some sort of colonial. Possibly a New Zealander. Why we let such people practice law in this country, I've no idea. Burden of empire, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    on comment pages and social media this morning at the outlandish suggestion that the Prime Minister is going to announce that we're actually going to do what people voted for in June.

Odd lot, people, aren't they?
    I expect that's because social media and comments pages are frequented by people who like to be outraged. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. Prior to the internet they went down the pub and did so until someone told them to shut up and get their round in.

Sadly, there is no such control on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's something else very odd about this. The government has clearly briefed the press that this is the statement of strategy for the forthcoming negotiations, the results of which negotiations are likely to have a serious impact upon the UK.

Should the prime minister not be issuing such a statement to, you know, the House of Commons, which is, like, where our parliamentary democracy happens? Choosing to make the statement in a speech is bad enough, but then leaking the fúcking thing to the press 48 hours before the event if fúcking repulsive.

I am distressed.
    you guys don't have a democracy. you're a fvcking monarchy, dumbasses.

Thing is, I remember travelling around Europe before freedom of movement for persons was magically enshrined as a core principle of the EU. It was fine.
    It's amazing to me that you people could have walked open-eyed into tis fvckup. At least we're gonna go supernova with Trump, whereas you guys are going to go out with all the drama of a wet fart. Great Britain no more. Just England Wales and a few islands in the Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    And you believe the two to be mutually exclusive why, exactly?

It's amazing to me that you people could have walked open-eyed into tis fvckup. At least we're gonna go supernova with Trump, whereas you guys are going to go out with all the drama of a wet fart. Great Britain no more. Just England Wales and a few islands in the Caribbean.
    You'll forgive me if I voice my suspicion that you may not have too good a handle on the complexities of this matter.

There is no need for rudeness.

Honestly. Americans are so very indecorous.

And you believe the two to be mutually exclusive why, exactly?
    Push comes to shove, you can just suspend the democratic norms and revert to your monarch. You don't have your last quid on a functioning democratic system. It's a "late innovation," to borrow from Hamlet.

We'll be fine. Mrs May has just said so
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

You'll forgive me if I voice my suspicion that you may not have too good a handle on the complexities of this matter.
    You and your complexities. Sound like a vitamin!