Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: There's a quite extraordinary amount of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth going

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just saying that the suspension of constitutional rights (such as habeas corpus) and the reversion to executive authority are hardly unknown in US history. We haven't reverted to our monarch when we've done it, though (i.e. in the two world wars), we've relied on elected officials acting in a cross-party capacity.

You have to remember that our monarch is purely a figurehead from a political point of view. Her power is purely theoretical.
    Queen Elizabeth is still pulling the strings, believe me. Lincoln was president during a civil war, in some ways similar to'n what y'alls had. The Confederates had to be labeled as enemy combatants, and that's when things got nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It happening as a matter of course these days does not make it right.

I am not happy with the cabinet, b. Not happy at all. Cameron and Osborne were distressingly limp, but at least they appeared statesmanlike. This lot are a bunch of chancers and wide boys and May is quite clearly way out of her depth.

At the next election I shall vite Lib Dem, or perhaps Green.
    Good man, C.

I also don't like the fact that they want a trade deal with the Septics which would entail our exports complying with Septic regulations and disputes being resolved in yank courts.

I don't see how all the sovereignty mob think this is preferable to bring preferable to being in the EU where we at least had some input into the regulations and the laws.