Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: There's a quite extraordinary amount of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth going

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    on comment pages and social media this morning at the outlandish suggestion that the Prime Minister is going to announce that we're actually going to do what people voted for in June.

Odd lot, people, aren't they?
    My word, how they're wailing now. Some of them seem to be actually mentally ill.

I'm rather pleased with this new formation 'butthurt'. It is quite wonderfully descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How does one pronounce his name?

Jolly-on.
    Jo-Lion.
    Joe Leon.

British F1 driver Jolyon Palmer can thank his father Jonathon, himself a former F1 driver and now owner of various racing circuits including Brands Hatch. Whether Cranleigh independent school in Surrey is a bastion of nomenclature-based bullying I cannot say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My word, how they're wailing now. Some of them seem to be actually mentally ill.

I'm rather pleased with this new formation 'butthurt'. It is quite wonderfully descriptive.
    I'm finding that it's fun being perfectly pleasant and reasonable with them while they froth and rant at me.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Push comes to shove, you can just suspend the democratic norms and revert to your monarch. You don't have your last quid on a functioning democratic system. It's a "late innovation," to borrow from Hamlet.
    Right. Like Lincoln did during the Civil War, you mean?

on comment pages and social media this morning at the outlandish suggestion that the Prime Minister is going to announce that we're actually going to do what people voted for in June.

Odd lot, people, aren't they?
    My word, imagine what will happen if Wilders wins. There might be mass luvvy suicides!

My word, imagine what will happen if Wilders wins. There might be mass luvvy suicides!
    A man with hair like that can't be all bad, that's what I say.

Talking of hair, did you see this fellow? He wants to bring down the government, apparently.

2CE5CC9B00000578-0-image-a-126_1443568527372.jpg

A man with hair like that can't be all bad, that's what I say.

Talking of hair, did you see this fellow? He wants to bring down the government, apparently.

2CE5CC9B00000578-0-image-a-126_1443568527372.jpg
    Oh yes, good old Tosh. It's remarkable to consider that many outwardly sentient, sane individuals have voted for this man to represent their interests.

Oh yes, good old Tosh. It's remarkable to consider that many outwardly sentient, sane individuals have voted for this man to represent their interests.

Right. Like Lincoln did during the Civil War, you mean?
    Whoah whoah whoah. Don't be steppin up to Lincoln my fine friend.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Whoah whoah whoah. Don't be steppin up to Lincoln my fine friend.
    Just saying that the suspension of constitutional rights (such as habeas corpus) and the reversion to executive authority are hardly unknown in US history. We haven't reverted to our monarch when we've done it, though (i.e. in the two world wars), we've relied on elected officials acting in a cross-party capacity.

You have to remember that our monarch is purely a figurehead from a political point of view. Her power is purely theoretical.