Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sword, Musket & Machine Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is the one, isn't it? With the sort of detachable lining effort? One ought to be able to google these things.

You could just say you've bought his book and how great it is, @ him and wonder where he got his jacket all casual, like. These people will normally do anything for someone who buys their books and gives good feedback.

Obviously, don't actually buy his book.

Attachment 412
    Same won indeed. The schnorrer's worn the same jacket for two TV shows? Is he won of monty's lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Same won indeed. The schnorrer's worn the same jacket for two TV shows? Is he won of monty's lot?
    He doesn't look like one, to be fair. And a good jacket's a good jacket.

The bones of longbowmen were dug up at the site of the battle of Towton. They were effectively deformed, with arms like Orang-Utans and shoulders that were misshapen though the mass of muscle obtained by years of training. Such people don't actually exist anymore.
    I think you've just described Sir C b

The bones of longbowmen were dug up at the site of the battle of Towton. They were effectively deformed, with arms like Orang-Utans and shoulders that were misshapen though the mass of muscle obtained by years of training. Such people don't actually exist anymore.
    Have you ever been to Stoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Have you ever been to Stoke?
    I have. I was going to stay overnight there once, but got scared and drove to Stafford and found a place there, instead.

It did amuse me that they made Tristram Hunt of all people the MP for Stoke. No wonder he decided to jack MP-ing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ta. Will check that oot.

It's ok, I bet Jorge secretly watches ITV now and again.
    I found my favouritist ever beer up norf, a. It was called Kirkstone Black, and is apparently a 'dark mild', whatever that means.

Totes delish. Another good reason for retiring to the fells.

I found my favouritist ever beer up norf, a. It was called Kirkstone Black, and is apparently a 'dark mild', whatever that means.

Totes delish. Another good reason for retiring to the fells.
    'Dark mild', indeed. It's clearly a stout.

kirkstone-pass-inn-bar.jpg

Your Irishness is showing imo.

'Dark mild', indeed. It's clearly a stout.

kirkstone-pass-inn-bar.jpg

Your Irishness is showing imo.
    Is there a difference? I know little of beer, as you know.

I wondered if there was an Irish influence, as I drank 12 pints of it, went home, pissed in the wardrobe and savagely beat the wife and kids.

Is there a difference? I know little of beer, as you know.

I wondered if there was an Irish influence, as I drank 12 pints of it, went home, pissed in the wardrobe and savagely beat the wife and kids.
    Mild used to a sort of weak, dark beer that used almost exclusively to be drunk in the midlands. All the rules have gone out the window now, with microbreweries and similar, though, so I've no idea what's what anymore.

I must say, though, that that looks more like a porter or a stout than the milds I've seen.

Mild used to a sort of weak, dark beer that used almost exclusively to be drunk in the midlands. All the rules have gone out the window now, with microbreweries and similar, though, so I've no idea what's what anymore.

I must say, though, that that looks more like a porter or a stout than the milds I've seen.
    It's more to do with the strength of the beer than the looks (nowadays anyway) - that appears to be 3.3%, so definitely mild. And quite possibly a women's drink