Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sword, Musket & Machine Gun.

Sword, Musket & Machine Gun.

An entertaining romp through mitary history from the BBC, this. wd bbc.

Don't tell jorge I've admitted to watching the BBC.

Ta. Will check that oot.

It's ok, I bet Jorge secretly watches ITV now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Yes, I've been enjoying that. And, although I find the chap a bit fey, I do rather like his jacket.

Also, the musket man with the big, mental moustache in the last episode made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, I've been enjoying that. And, although I find the chap a bit fey, I do rather like his jacket.

Also, the musket man with the big, mental moustache in the last episode made me laugh.
    I've only seen the first one. I am also very taken with his jacket and wondered whether I might find out who it is by. Perhaps I should write to the BBC.

I liked the long bow fella. The arrogant fat fúck.

oh good - saw that on player and it looked interesting. If it's any consolation I will be watching it without paying a licence fee

Dr Sam Willis. i also enjoyed his Silk Road, and coveted the leather journals into which he pasted pictures and wrote notes about his journey.

Do you think I could tweet him to ask where he got his jacket and his journals, or would that be a little crass?

I've only seen the first one. I am also very taken with his jacket and wondered whether I might find out who it is by. Perhaps I should write to the BBC.

I liked the long bow fella. The arrogant fat fúck.
    Yes, but he could draw a full-size longbow, so fair play to him. You basically have to be a physical freak to be able to do that.

If you find out about the jacket, let me know - although we'd have to be sure never to be seen wearing them at the same occasion, of course.

Dr Sam Willis. i also enjoyed his Silk Road, and coveted the leather journals into which he pasted pictures and wrote notes about his journey.

Do you think I could tweet him to ask where he got his jacket and his journals, or would that be a little crass?
    This is the one, isn't it? With the sort of detachable lining effort? One ought to be able to google these things.

You could just say you've bought his book and how great it is, @ him and wonder where he got his jacket all casual, like. These people will normally do anything for someone who buys their books and gives good feedback.

Obviously, don't actually buy his book.

IMG_3307.jpg

Yes, but he could draw a full-size longbow, so fair play to him. You basically have to be a physical freak to be able to do that.
    Physical freak Or just possessed of a modicum of manly strength b :knows you're an office weed:

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Physical freak Or just possessed of a modicum of manly strength b :knows you're an office weed:
    The bones of longbowmen were dug up at the site of the battle of Towton. They were effectively deformed, with arms like Orang-Utans and shoulders that were misshapen though the mass of muscle obtained by years of training. Such people don't actually exist anymore.