Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, are Everton a big good or are City a bit shít?

So, are Everton a big good or are City a bit shít?

Perhaps it's true that the premerier league is simply much more competitive than Spain or Germany, and Pep is being liddle beet found out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Perhaps it's true that the premerier league is simply much more competitive than Spain or Germany, and Pep is being liddle beet found out?
    His City squad is also quite a bit worse than the Bayern and Barca ones.

Maybe his dealer got nicked?

Everton played well yesterday and took the chances they created. City were very poor I thought, noticeable at how often they conceded possession, Silva noticeably a few times given his talent.

They've spent an enormous amount over the years and still have deficiencies right through the middle of the side - a clown in defence, no real midfield cover for Fernandinho, the loss of Gundogan is huge.

I wouldn't really pile onto the Pep is not a very good manager bandwagon just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Maybe his dealer got nicked?
    Yes, and from the little bit of the Manyoo Liverpool game I saw yesterday, Herr Klopp seems to have found the recipe which brings the pep.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Everton played well yesterday and took the chances they created. City were very poor I thought, noticeable at how often they conceded possession, Silva noticeably a few times given his talent.

They've spent an enormous amount over the years and still have deficiencies right through the middle of the side - a clown in defence, no real midfield cover for Fernandinho, the loss of Gundogan is huge.

I wouldn't really pile onto the Pep is not a very good manager bandwagon just yet.
    I didn't suggest that he wasn't a good manager; I meant that there were those who suggested that he doesn't necessarily fart lightning and **** thunder, rather that he simply did a good job with by far the best squads in the Spanish and German leagues, but might find things in England a little trickier.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    His City squad is also quite a bit worse than the Bayern and Barca ones.
    Is he really still playing Sagna and Clichy?

I didn't suggest that he wasn't a good manager; I meant that there were those who suggested that he doesn't necessarily fart lightning and **** thunder, rather that he simply did a good job with by far the best squads in the Spanish and German leagues, but might find things in England a little trickier.
    Oh I know you did not dismiss him but I expect many are just bursting to do so.

His achievements with Barcelona cannot be dismissed, especially the non-domestic success, but then I have seen his Barcelona team described as being the best ever, the players he had at that time all at their peak.

Thing is he started the season brilliantly and there was the now predictable nonsense in the media about his team going unbeaten for the year and since then silly peaks and troughs of play. If he loses at home next week against (a very good) Spurs then I suspect the Mancunian locals may become restless and with a week to go in the January window they will go again.

I like watching his teams but think it is very obvious that so many of his players have seen better days yet they don’t appear to have addressed the issue last summer.

Still, you know, perspective and all that. They are only 1-2 or whatever points behind us and at the same point in various cups as us, hardly a disaster just yet.

Is he really still playing Sagna and Clichy?

Didn't see the game but read that he is playing Zabaleta in midfield, which also seems to be a bit mental. Their recruitment policy is very odd. Quite how any one saw Stones as a 50miilion pound defender is baffling (talented as he is). They've needed a new left back for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Didn't see the game but read that he is playing Zabaleta in midfield, which also seems to be a bit mental. Their recruitment policy is very odd. Quite how any one saw Stones as a 50miilion pound defender is baffling (talented as he is). They've needed a new left back for a while
    Zabaleta and Toure, worked a dream last week v West Ham. Less so yesterday.

Perhaps he sees PZ and he saw Lahm when he first went to Bayern.

They have a big hole where Fernandinho and Gundogan should be operating and not a lot of real options to fill it.