Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading The Times thing with Trump this morning, it becomes clear that The Donald is

Reading The Times thing with Trump this morning, it becomes clear that The Donald is

actually incapable of uttering a coherent sentence without interrupting himself several times. This has clearly made quoting him in anything other than tiny soundbites very difficult.

Mind you, I did laugh when the guy from Bild asked him what he considered to be his most German traits and he said he liked 'Strength and order'. I can imagine the Germans will love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    actually incapable of uttering a coherent sentence without interrupting himself several times. This has clearly made quoting him in anything other than tiny soundbites very difficult.

Mind you, I did laugh when the guy from Bild asked him what he considered to be his most German traits and he said he liked 'Strength and order'. I can imagine the Germans will love that.
    I read that this morning, I was inbed with a cup of coffee, I woke up really early, really early, do you know how early 6 a.m. is? It's really early, but when I read it I said, 'This is funny stuff, others will take offence and make jokes about Pob, sad.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I read that this morning, I was inbed with a cup of coffee, I woke up really early, really early, do you know how early 6 a.m. is? It's really early, but when I read it I said, 'This is funny stuff, others will take offence and make jokes about Pob, sad.'
    It can sometimes be nice to wake up early and have that hour or so sitting in bed reading the news. It can sort of feel like a treat.

Sadly, Gove is always going to attract cheap shots due to him looking a bit odd. However, he probably knows that the desperation to attack him personally derives in no small part from the fact that his detractors know he's really rather clever and actually rather an effective politician. The sooner he's back in the Cabinet, the better.

It can sometimes be nice to wake up early and have that hour or so sitting in bed reading the news. It can sort of feel like a treat.

Sadly, Gove is always going to attract cheap shots due to him looking a bit odd. However, he probably knows that the desperation to attack him personally derives in no small part from the fact that his detractors know he's really rather clever and actually rather an effective politician. The sooner he's back in the Cabinet, the better.
    The cabinet certainly appears to need some sort of lift. They should be absolutely crucifying Steptoe at the moment, since he appears to have gone the full communist. They have the opportunity to bury the left in this country for good.

I think he often confabulates when he's talking off the cuff but last week's press conference showed that when he's well prepared he's actually not as awful a speaker as people suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The cabinet certainly appears to need some sort of lift. They should be absolutely crucifying Steptoe at the moment, since he appears to have gone the full communist. They have the opportunity to bury the left in this country for good.
    Yes, I saw that he seems to be all about seizing the means of production at the moment - not to mention free styling utterly un-thought-out policies on wage caps. Mind you, they know that he damages himself every time he opens his gob, so attacking him is unnecessary. He can do far more damage to Labour than they ever can. Besides, they have to wait for the annual '48 hours to save the NHS!!!' nonsense and hysteria to blow over.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think he often confabulates when he's talking off the cuff but last week's press conference showed that when he's well prepared he's actually not as awful a speaker as people suggest.
    Well yes, but how one speaks off the cuff is surely a rather better indicator of one's overall articulacy than reading prepared remarks?

Yes, I saw that he seems to be all about seizing the means of production at the moment - not to mention free styling utterly un-thought-out policies on wage caps. Mind you, they know that he damages himself every time he opens his gob, so attacking him is unnecessary. He can do far more damage to Labour than they ever can. Besides, they have to wait for the annual '48 hours to save the NHS!!!' nonsense and hysteria to blow over.
    Did you hear Corbyn last week in almost the same breath both mock the '£350m for the NHS' Leaver promise while also pledging that he would redistribute EU cash to the NHS post Brexit.

And yet his overall performance was so bad this staggering double standard was barely even commented upon.

Well yes, but how one speaks off the cuff is surely a rather better indicator of one's overall articulacy than reading prepared remarks?
    Tom Hiddlestone likes this post
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Of course, but articulacy is not everything. If someone is a poor speaker, their pre-prepared thoughts are likely to be a better reflection of their actual thoughts than what they say on the hoof.