Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see Sky Arts have pulled the thing where Joseph Fiennes plays Michael Jackson

I see Sky Arts have pulled the thing where Joseph Fiennes plays Michael Jackson

Not sure when we got so sensitive about the depiction of dead páedophiles, but there you go.

As a compromise I would propose they do one about Jimmy Savile and have Lenny Henry play him. Then it's all fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not sure when we got so sensitive about the depiction of dead páedophiles, but there you go.

As a compromise I would propose they do one about Jimmy Savile and have Lenny Henry play him. Then it's all fair.
    Oh, shame. Brian Cox looked terrific as Brando and that saucy old bird from "Grease" ("Stockyard" Something?) seemed to work well as late-vintage Elizabeth Taylor, imo.

Oh, and Eddie Marsan!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, shame. Brian Cox looked terrific as Brando and that saucy old bird from "Grease" ("Stockyard" Something?) seemed to work well as late-vintage Elizabeth Taylor, imo.

Oh, and Eddie Marsan!
    It does seem incredibly spineless to have gone to all the trouble of making it and publicising it only to pull it a few days before it airs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It does seem incredibly spineless to have gone to all the trouble of making it and publicising it only to pull it a few days before it airs.
    Americans don't like it up 'em clearly.

Fiennes is British, of course, but how many of *our* icons have been portrayed by Yanks, like that Streep shrew playing Lady Thatcher.

And do you hear us complaining.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Probably replace it with some Andre Rieu *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Probably replace it with some Andre Rieu *******s.
    OK, what have you got against him? Arsenal legend, imo. Is it because he's English?

Or German?

Dutch even?

OK, what have you got against him?
    I have nothing against him, he just seems to be on Sky Arts an awful lot, too often some may say.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have nothing against him, he just seems to be on Sky Arts an awful lot, too often some may say.
    I was just trying to be funny. They both look the same, to me

Fiennes is British, of course, but how many of *our* icons have been portrayed by Yanks, like that Streep shrew playing Lady Thatcher.
    Tyrion Lannister*.

(*made-up character, but still English)
    Last edited by Ash; 01-13-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Spazzed it up first time

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Jaime Lannister*.

(*made-up character, but still English)
    Heimdall too. Made-up Scandanavian, ruined by Hollywood.

And the British obviously.