Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Surely if you stand for Parliament and are elected you should be forced to serve the

Surely if you stand for Parliament and are elected you should be forced to serve the

whole term, unless exceptional circumstances (i.e. death) prevent you from doing so? In short, how much of a Tristram Hunt do you have to be just to quit because a better offer comes along?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    whole term, unless exceptional circumstances (i.e. death) prevent you from doing so? In short, how much of a Tristram Hunt do you have to be just to quit because a better offer comes along?
    His proudest day as an MP came when Stoke got its first Pizza Express. That's right, the introduction of the first restaurant in Stoke that had a menu with words on it was his greatest achievement.

Didn't he used to shag Monty's missus, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    His proudest day as an MP came when Stoke got its first Pizza Express. That's right, the introduction of the first restaurant in Stoke that had a menu with words on it was his greatest achievement.

Didn't he used to shag Monty's missus, by the way?
    I saw that tweet earlier. Quite brilliant. Though quite how the inhabitants of Stoke coped with such an advance form of food, I shudder to think.

I have no idea about Monty's wife's past lovers. His mum on the other hand ...

Contracts are worth nothing these days, it seems. Though he was playing for Stoke, so mitigating circumstances I suppose.

I saw that tweet earlier. Quite brilliant. Though quite how the inhabitants of Stoke coped with such an advance form of food, I shudder to think.

I have no idea about Monty's wife's past lovers. His mum on the other hand ...
    They were probably very confused by the presence of knives and forks and angrily smashed the place up. They then probably half-heartedly 'apologised' via the papers and then were outraged when Pizza Express didn't accept the apology. Doubtless they now boo the restaurant every time they walk past it and call its staff cünts.

I could be wrong about Monty's lady, of course. It might just be a dream I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Contracts are worth nothing these days, it seems. Though he was playing for Stoke, so mitigating circumstances I suppose.
    True. It seems we are to find out whether Paul Nuttall can do it on a wet Thursday afternoon in Stoke

True. It seems we are to find out whether Paul Nuttall can do it on a wet Thursday afternoon in Stoke
    Labour will probably still squeak it. Tories and UKIP will cancel out a lot of each others' vote, while the Lib Dems will get a chunk of Labour, but possibly not that much.

Corbyn will then describe this as a ringing endorsement of his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Labour will probably still squeak it. Tories and UKIP will cancel out a lot of each others' vote, while the Lib Dems will get a chunk of Labour, but possibly not that much.

Corbyn will then describe this as a ringing endorsement of his leadership.
    I would guess so - 5,000 majority and at least the labour candidate won't have to pretend that his party wants to stay in Europe this time

I made your mum wet on a Thursday afternoon in Stoke*

*for the record, my first ever 'your mum' joke, be gentle

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I made your mum wet on a Thursday afternoon in Stoke*

*for the record, my first ever 'your mum' joke, be gentle
    The second 'your mum' virginity loss today.

I dunno. Graham Taylor dies and all remaining morality and decency collapses.