Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do people actually send off the warranty thing you get with appliances?

Do people actually send off the warranty thing you get with appliances?

I was a having a tidy up and found I keep all sort of other crap that I don't need.
    Receipts for everything.

My tool box is also full of random bits and bobs that I will never use such as those things they give you to attach furniture to the wall. I never do that.
    This give you an indication i buy cheap furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was a having a tidy up and found I keep all sort of other crap that I don't need.
    Receipts for everything.

My tool box is also full of random bits and bobs that I will never use such as those things they give you to attach furniture to the wall. I never do that.
    Are you nesting, P, preparing for the patter of tiny paws?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Are you nesting, P, preparing for the patter of tiny paws?
    Nah otherwise I would use those bolts to attach things to the walls.

I am trying to be more organised as I can never find anything. Putting up the Christmas decorations I could not find the extension chord I bought the previous Christmas so had to get another one. Now I have found the original.

I'm not a hoarder but I keep the strangest things I just found old windscreen wipers from my previous car in the cupboard. what the hell do I want them for.

Receipts for everything.

I've just killed yet another tumble dryer, might actually bother with a warranty this time

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've just killed yet another tumble dryer, might actually bother with a warranty this time
    Did you put trainers in it? That usually does the trick. As does stuffing them to bursting with wet sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you put trainers in it? That usually does the trick. As does stuffing them to bursting with wet sheets
    The latter, although it was clothes......and surely that's the whole point of the sodding appliance

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The latter, although it was clothes......and surely that's the whole point of the sodding appliance
    So basically you've burnt out the motor because the drum couldn't actually turn round?

Receipts for everything.

We did it for the baby's pram but that was a three year one. For electrical stuff i usually bin them.

I would have thought the concept of “sending off” warranty is now a thing of the past with surely all retailers sending you online to do so.

Essentially a means of capturing data to allow them (or selected partners) to market products and services to you. The old style paper format warranty cards with the tiny wee almost hidden opt-out boxes were gold dust to less scrupulous operators in the DM business.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So basically you've burnt out the motor because the drum couldn't actually turn round?
    Well no, not quite.....it turns and spins but no heat, which for a dryer is pretty ****ing useless