Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

He was head and shoulders above most other players in the league for most of the 1980s. When we were playing Liverpool, you always shat yourself a bit when he was on the ball in a way you didn't with others.

So, in short, well done John Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was head and shoulders above most other players in the league for most of the 1980s. When we were playing Liverpool, you always shat yourself a bit when he was on the ball in a way you didn't with others.

So, in short, well done John Barnes.
    Did well in the New Order video also.

Football content: Good player but an utter ****. See the entire Liverpool team of that era. Every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Did well in the New Order video also.

Football content: Good player but an utter ****. See the entire Liverpool team of that era. Every one of them.
    I'm trying to think who I hated most in those sides. Steve Nicol, Ronnie Moran, Ray Houghton and Steve McMahon were all cünts. Rush's habit of metronomically scoring goals over and over again was quite cüntish, but he himself was too boring a human to hate properly.

Overall, though, I think it has to be either Aldridge or Grobelaar who was the biggest cünt.

I'm trying to think who I hated most in those sides. Steve Nicol, Ronnie Moran, Ray Houghton and Steve McMahon were all cünts. Rush's habit of metronomically scoring goals over and over again was quite cüntish, but he himself was too boring a human to hate properly.

Overall, though, I think it has to be either Aldridge or Grobelaar who was the biggest cünt.
    Ronnie Whelan surely - and he was the biggest ****. I always quite liked Bruce - being the weak link in a very strong team helped

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ronnie Whelan surely - and he was the biggest ****. I always quite liked Bruce - being the weak link in a very strong team helped
    If it brings any solace to you let me make you aware that RW is still a massive, grade A ****.

His frequent pundit appearances on Irish television would have one swearing more than usual (and then clearly having to apologise / point out that it is not clever etc).

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If it brings any solace to you let me make you aware that RW is still a massive, grade A ****.

His frequent pundit appearances on Irish television would have one swearing more than usual (and then clearly having to apologise / point out that it is not clever etc).
    I am well aware of this unfortunately - the Whelan bit, not your profanities

McMahon, all day, every day

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    McMahon, all day, every day
    The question of who was the biggest cünt in 80s/90s LFC is certainly prompting some lively debate. Seems we all have our favourites.

yep he was particularly odious

404079f221a63cb477b63cf9fdcf92be.jpg
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    yep he was particularly odious

404079f221a63cb477b63cf9fdcf92be.jpg
    Just a **** Souness