Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

Just on the Taylor thing, I'm not sure people realise just how good John Barnes was.

He was head and shoulders above most other players in the league for most of the 1980s. When we were playing Liverpool, you always shat yourself a bit when he was on the ball in a way you didn't with others.

So, in short, well done John Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was head and shoulders above most other players in the league for most of the 1980s. When we were playing Liverpool, you always shat yourself a bit when he was on the ball in a way you didn't with others.

Did well in the New Order video also.

Football content: Good player but an utter ****. See the entire Liverpool team of that era. Every one of them.

I thought you were on about "Sir" Luther Blissett
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Did well in the New Order video also.

Football content: Good player but an utter ****. See the entire Liverpool team of that era. Every one of them.
    I'm trying to think who I hated most in those sides. Steve Nicol, Ronnie Moran, Ray Houghton and Steve McMahon were all cünts. Rush's habit of metronomically scoring goals over and over again was quite cüntish, but he himself was too boring a human to hate properly.

Overall, though, I think it has to be either Aldridge or Grobelaar who was the biggest cünt.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought you were on about "Sir" Luther Blissett
    Well he wasn't half a bad player to find in your youth setup either.

Of course the almost-certainly apocryphal story when he went to Milan was that the order had been to sign the black guy from Watford and they came back with the wrong black guy.

Of course the almost-certainly apocryphal story when he went to Milan was that the order had been to sign the black guy from Watford and they came back with the wrong black guy.
    Aldridge, without any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Aldridge, without any doubt.
    He was distressingly scouse. And he was a sort of less good but more irritating version of Ian Rush.

Mind you, Grobelaar was -a war criminal who took bungs and thought he was fücking fantastic. I think I have to give him the cünt crown.

It's certainly possible, isn't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Kolo / Yaya ?

It would certainly explain a lot. Although Luther got the last laugh because John Barnes never had an anarcho-syndicalist writers' collective who actually wrote rather a decent novel about the wars of religion in Early Modern Europe named after him, did he?