Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This country is backwards. They already cancelled 80 flights from Heathrow

This country is backwards. They already cancelled 80 flights from Heathrow

not a single snowflake has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

It's just started sleeting here in Kernow, F. And I haven't taken the out yet
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    It's just started sleeting here in Kernow, F. And I haven't taken the out yet
    Dog walk cancelled.

I suspect this is more fake news.

Dog walk cancelled.

I suspect this is more fake news.
    Well...it's just turned to Great.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Perhaps the cancellations are based on the destination where it may be a lot worse weatherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Perhaps the cancellations are based on the destination where it may be a lot worse weatherwise.
    Now I read a little bit more it seems somewhat reasonable.

they cancelled to give space for snow removal teams to have time to do their job.

EDIT, it's 150 flights now. ****ing sad *******s.

It's not like they are prediction 10 feet of snow. All it's doing outside is pissing down with rain. the snow wouldn't even settle.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 01-12-2017 at 04:13 PM.

This will set me on a tirade that nothing actually works in this poxy place.

Trains are ****, tube goes on strike the city meltdown, Mass hysteria over a bit of snow coming our way. the roads and motorways are crap, takes forever to get anywhere. Can't even do a brexit properly. And we pay over the odds for everything,

Apart from that, wonderful place.

This will set me on a tirade that nothing actually works in this poxy place.

Trains are ****, tube goes on strike the city meltdown, Mass hysteria over a bit of snow coming our way. the roads and motorways are crap, takes forever to get anywhere. Can't even do a brexit properly. And we pay over the odds for everything,

Apart from that, wonderful place.
    It's been a while since you did this.

On snow, I think the argument goes that it isn't really cost-effective for this country to be properly geared up for snow, as we don't have enough heavy snow to justify the investment. In other countries they know there will always be heavy snow, so it is worth being prepared for it.

I'm not sure we pay over the odds for everything, either. Housing is mental, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's been a while since you did this.

On snow, I think the argument goes that it isn't really cost-effective for this country to be properly geared up for snow, as we don't have enough heavy snow to justify the investment. In other countries they know there will always be heavy snow, so it is worth being prepared for it.

I'm not sure we pay over the odds for everything, either. Housing is mental, certainly.
    This is a good point Ash. But I decided to look into it a bit further.
    They have spent 36 million on snow equipment and this is quite interesting. cancelling seems part of the plan which I find odd.

but we do pay over the odds on transport, housing and fuel and tobacco imo.
    And don't get me started on council tax.

Other smaller gripes I always have problems with deliveries. (I blame the uk for this since I am at it)
    and the electric here is too powerful. I bought a nice new electric toothbrush with a stand. But unfortunately it can not be charged in my bathroom as I do not have the luxury of a shaver socket.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 01-12-2017 at 05:11 PM.

This is a good point Ash. But I decided to look into it a bit further.
    They have spent 36 million on snow equipment and this is quite interesting. cancelling seems part of the plan which I find odd.

but we do pay over the odds on transport, housing and fuel and tobacco imo.
    And don't get me started on council tax.

Other smaller gripes I always have problems with deliveries. (I blame the uk for this since I am at it)
    and the electric here is too powerful. I bought a nice new electric toothbrush with a stand. But unfortunately it can not be charged in my bathroom as I do not have the luxury of a shaver socket.
    Also, it's actually not the snow per se that's the problem, it's ice. Ours being a temperate climate, we don't tend to get the really low temperatures that means snow falls and just sits there prettily and is relatively easy to deal with. What happens is that snow or sleet will fall and then melt and overnight will turn to ice, which is much harder to deal with.