Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I not like that......

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    True, although you could argue that stumbling upon the most talented British player of that generation was a fairly major factor in his success at Watford.
    Taylor even gave him his professional debut, I think. Scored about 100 goals for them too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sven.

Hoddle wasn't too bad tbf. Apart from not picking Arsenal players. And being mental.
    Sven was good only in the sense that he had realistically limited goals for the England team - namely qualifying to tournaments and getting to the knockout stages. He appeared to regard anything beyond that as not really being part of his remit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sven was good only in the sense that he had realistically limited goals for the England team - namely qualifying to tournaments and getting to the knockout stages. He appeared to regard anything beyond that as not really being part of his remit.
    Rightly so. Back in vem days we could expect to get to a quarter final. Dizzy heights.

Obviously one might say similar things about Arsene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Rightly so. Back in vem days we could expect to get to a quarter final. Dizzy heights.

Obviously one might say similar things about Arsene.
    I deliberately didn't draw that parallel for fear of who it might get started, a!