Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
Gracious me, quite the adventure. V follows the various mountain rescue squads on Twitter, and their descriptions of the troubles people get into are quite sobering. Uphill only in blue skies for me.
Very wise.

We bought one of those maps where you can tick off the wainwrights you've bagged. It seems that we have some 190 still to do. At 10 a year, I'll be trying to trudge up the last one when I'm 71 -(
The wallchart? It's fab. We fill in the little triangles as well as the tickboxes on the left, so we can see which area to go next. About 130ish filled in so far. Finished off the North-Western book last time, and most of the remainder are far north and far east, with bits and bobs left everywhere else. Far east has some grim memories as above, but far north are generally pretty low, round and grassy. A bit dull compared to the exhilaration of crag, ridge, ledge, scramble, slide and cling - but I am beginning to appreciate dull as the years tick on.

Met an old boy of about 71+ near the top of Barf. He just had a few more to do. More easily enough done if you live oop norf tbh, more of a challenge from down here.