Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Trump thing is genuinely hilarious.

This Trump thing is genuinely hilarious.

Trump opponents spend a year complaining about fake news and misinformation and then leap gleefully onto a blatantly false 'dossier' that reputable news outlets have passed on because it doesn't meet any of the criteria necessary for ethical publication and that even the people who've published it admit is almost certainly böllocks. Said critics then say things like 'What's sauce for the goose...' while apparently failing to appreciate how utterly they undermine their position by doing so.

The world really is quite fun at the moment.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-11-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Trump opponents spend a year complaining about fake news and misinformation and then leap gleefully onto a blatantly false 'dossier' that reputable news outlets have passed on because it doesn't meet any of the criteria necessary for ethical publication and that even the people who've published it admit is almost certainly böllocks. Said critics then say things like 'What's sauce for the goose...' while apparently failing to appreciate how utterly they undermine their position by doing so.

Unsurprisingly John McCain's fingerprints are literally on the dossier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Unsurprisingly John McCain's fingerprints are literally on the dossier.
    Oh, it's been around for ages. The CIA have been showing it to anyone they can. It seems that basically everyone has seen it, but only Buzzfeed have been stupid enough to publish it following encouragement by CNN.

I notice this 'Fake news' term thrown around a lot.

It's the new 'conspiracy theory' which automatically dismisses any item as tin foil hat wearing nonsense.

so easy to throw it about. anything you don't like just call it 'Fake news'

Oh, it's been around for ages. The CIA have been showing it to anyone they can. It seems that basically everyone has seen it, but only Buzzfeed have been stupid enough to publish it following encouragement by CNN.
    I just saw the word buzzfeed and ignored the story

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I notice this 'Fake news' term thrown around a lot.

It's the new 'conspiracy theory' which automatically dismisses any item as tin foil hat wearing nonsense.

so easy to throw it about. anything you don't like just call it 'Fake news'
    Sure, but when you have something that doesn't meet a single one of the criteria necessary for ethical publication, has no source, clear factual errors and no corroborating evidence whatsoever, I'd say it's appropriate.

Sure, but when you have something that doesn't meet a single one of the criteria necessary for ethical publication, has no source, clear factual errors and no corroborating evidence whatsoever, I'd say it's appropriate.
    Fake news is the basis on which the majority of football transfer reporting is founded.

For sure. I haven't read the article in question but if it's complete nonsense it will just add extra strength to the 'Fake News' term. quite handy for future occurrences.

I find many flaws in this report. It never details whether Trump was pissing on the hookers or they were pissing on him. Critical details missing, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    I find many flaws in this report. It never details whether Trump was pissing on the hookers or they were pissing on him. Critical details missing, imo.
    Well they seem just to have been pissing on the bed because Obama and his missus once slept in it. Thing is, it's not even good fake news.