Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Beast From The East arrives tomorrow*

*coming from the west.

Anyway... Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    *coming from the west.

Anyway... Snow
    Pah - had snow for weeks here *. Powdery rubbish which is no good for snowballs though.

*10 days

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    *coming from the west.

Anyway... Snow
    Always fun watching the country grind to a halt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Always fun watching the country grind to a halt.
    Meh, they always say we'll get loads and we just end up with an afternoon of slushy sleet. Last proper dump was 7 years ago when they said we'll get a light sprinkling and woke up to a foot of the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Meh, they always say we'll get loads and we just end up with an afternoon of slushy sleet. Last proper dump was 7 years ago when they said we'll get a light sprinkling and woke up to a foot of the stuff
    One of my favourite days ever after moving into the village. No f*cker could get out of Shamley Green for the life of them, cars stuck in the B road all over the place. Trains not running, buses not running, superb.

Bacon sarnies with the kids, two hours sledding in the Surrey downs and then 7 consecutive hours in the village pub swilling real ale next to roaring fires.

The media are notorious for their 'Fake Snow' stories.

I remember when snow delayed our little potential superstar Arshavin.

Which was the year that Stoke at home was called off? A fair bit of sner then ISTR. Highgate looked quite beautiful.

This might be more of a Mr Anaconda question tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which was the year that Stoke at home was called off? A fair bit of sner then ISTR. Highgate looked quite beautiful.

We always seem to play stoke at home in December. Though statistics tell me otherwise.
    It feels like we often play Stoke and Man City in December.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 01-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Snow is *******s.

I say this based on living where I do, an essentially non-snow friendly environment where the **** falls from the sky and then the **** hits the fan, normal life grinds to an almost slow halt.

Also it is cold and wet and beyond that initial 1 millisecond reaction when you first see it and thinks “oh that’s nice” it is essentially *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

2010 - I remember coming back from Australia to a Wintery Wonderland. Shock to the system that was, I can tell you