Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really not sure the President-elect should be on Twitter, at least not without

I really not sure the President-elect should be on Twitter, at least not without

a professional PR/Marketing team.

http://news.sky.com/story/streep-tel...heart-10722773

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's actually genius strategery.

The only people who take it seriously are the very people he's trolling anyway and none of what he says there carries any real weight, legally or politically. It's Twitter, after all, not the Old Bailey; essentially harmless banter.

Still, it allows him to dominate the news cycle, as and when he pleases, and forces his opponents to respond, just to stay in the game, often on topics they'd rather not draw wider attention to their positions and views on.

And it encourages his supporters.

In short, well done, The Donald, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

meh. He'll probably be impeached within 6 months...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Quite, he's going to post something in a fit of pique that he really shouldn't

Exactly. Just as well to go for it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Personally, I'm a massive fan of the Donald's twitter efforts. He upsets all the right people, which is really the point of him.

Quite frankly, anyone who overuses the exclamation mark as much as he does should be banned from holding high office, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Quite frankly, anyone who overuses the exclamation mark as much as he does should be banned from holding high office, anyway
    I actually love the fact that his tweets are written exactly as he speaks - or vice versa. This, for instance:

I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that)

Meryl Streep can fûck off. Donald's much more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I actually love the fact that his tweets are written exactly as he speaks - or vice versa. This, for instance:

Meryl Streep can fûck off. Donald's much more entertaining.
    Yes - he has a language all of his own, which is quite impressive.

You just see the headline "Streep slams Trump" and thought - "Yeah - that's going to make a difference". At least Hugh Laurie did it humorously

bit of a dilemma for Twitter...can't lifetime ban him like they did Sir Milo...they spent most of last year unverifing and banning anyone with strong Republican / Trump views.